Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay brake rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You putting them on yourself ?

Comment

Originally posted by Taurians' Ryde View Post
      You putting them on yourself ?
      Little OT, but I did mine on my Saturn when I had it. Really easy. Just make sure you pump the brakes when you're done to get the pressure built up. Sucks to be coming up to a stop sign and have the pedal hit the floor.
      2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
      1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
      1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
      1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
      1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
      1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
      1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Check the DIY section for ho-tos on doing our rotors. We have a REALLY shitty front rotor setup, and it's a bitch and a half to change em.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          We have a REALLY shitty front rotor setup, and it's a bitch and a half to change em.
          Well that's good to know if/when I have to do mine.
          2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
          1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

Most cars are simple... take the wheel off, swing up the caliper, rotor is loose. Some rotors have screws holding them in place.

OURS... are stuck on there good. To do it right, you need to remove the knuckle and bang those suckers out... being careful not to do any damage to the wheel bearing... which will need to be replaced if you do.

That's one thing I took my car to the shop to do for me! I've done them, though, on my friend's car.

I wish I could buy your J30... that thing is beautiful, and I've recently been wanting one! (not that I need a fourth car... ) And you have 666 posts on houston-imports...

Comment

Dude, I just came in from the garage to ask about this. I had to go back to work and get some bigger sockets. I fidured pop off the wheel, remove some screws and swap the rotor. Yeah its turning into a pain in the arse. I cant get the center nut off. Ive got a 24" snap-on 1/2" drive ratchet and socket, im actually standing on the thing and bouncing on it, no luck. Yes I tap out the lock section of the nut. I tried bolt directions with pb blaster. If I was at work I could just blast it with a 3/4" impact. I hate not having all my tools here at home.
              "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                I wish I could buy your J30... that thing is beautiful, and I've recently been wanting one! (not that I need a fourth car... ) And you have 666 posts on houston-imports...
                I'd cut you a good deal. But....it needs a new trans....no reverse
                Other than that, it's a great car.
                2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

You know if you sell your car from my thread then that means you have to come over and change my rotors for me.

Seriously though, My 24" Snap on ratchet and socket are tough as hell. Im 195 lbs and was bouncing on that damn nut and it would not budge. Its getting the big 3/4" gun tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
                    You know if you sell your car from my thread then that means you have to come over and change my rotors for me. .
                    Houston area repairs only haha
                    2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                    1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

You know if you sell your car from my thread then that means you have to come over and change my rotors for me.

Seriously though, My 24" Snap on ratchet and socket are tough as hell. Im 195 lbs and was bouncing on that damn nut and it would not budge. Its getting the big 3/4" gun tomorrow.
                      add a 5ft galvanized steel pipe from Lowes or Home Depot and that'll pop right off. They're only 10 bucks for that pipe, and since I didn't need it afterward, I returned it and got my money back lol.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

No cheater pipes for me. I brought home my 3/4" impact gun from work. If that cant pull them then its time for the torch and some new axles.

Comment

No cheater pipes for me. I brought home my 3/4" impact gun from work. If that cant pull them then its time for the torch and some new axles.

thats why i got a set of knuckles from the junkyard,disassembled them ,cleaned/painted then installed a new lower balljoint and bearing and rotor. i then took my car to a good mechanic to swap the knuckles . he charged $65.

so, since you are pulling the knuckle off it is a good time to replace the lower ball joint (hint)
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I originally posted this thread about brake rotors thinking it would be a quick easy replacment. Man this hub over rotor setup is a real pain. I got my drivers side torn down and ofcourse found other issues. Luckily I have a press here at home and was able to press the hub out of the bearing without destroying it. Bearing looks good, axle feels and look good. But my upper arm bushings and ball joints are so so. It looks like ill be getting some new upper arm assy's and lower balljoints before I go back together. Dont have the cash for struts now, next month. I was hoping I could pull the hub off without pulling the entire knuckle off, no way. In a perfect world I would replace the axles, bearings, all bushing, and tie rod ends also. That way I dont need to get into it this deep for a while. Its not to terrible, just time consuming, and I dont like downing my car this long unplanned. Oh well, bet she will ride nice after I do all this and replace my struts next month. Im thinking of getting the KYB agx struts, saw a set of four on ebay for about $300.

Comment

I originally posted this thread about brake rotors thinking it would be a quick easy replacment. Man this hub over rotor setup is a real pain. I got my drivers side torn down and ofcourse found other issues. Luckily I have a press here at home and was able to press the hub out of the bearing without destroying it. Bearing looks good, axle feels and look good. But my upper arm bushings and ball joints are so so. It looks like ill be getting some new upper arm assy's and lower balljoints before I go back together. Dont have the cash for struts now, next month. I was hoping I could pull the hub off without pulling the entire knuckle off, no way. In a perfect world I would replace the axles, bearings, all bushing, and tie rod ends also. That way I dont need to get into it this deep for a while. Its not to terrible, just time consuming, and I dont like downing my car this long unplanned. Oh well, bet she will ride nice after I do all this and replace my struts next month. Im thinking of getting the KYB agx struts, saw a set of four on ebay for about $300.
                              I hear ya.

I had a 85 prelude and those front brakes where a piece of cake compared to our retarded design.

My front rotors are starting to wobble abit and I'll be doing the HOR to ROH conversion right away.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=rotors+hubs

Good luck on yours... are you going to swap over to the Vigor Rotors and calipers too?

Comment

Well as ive posted my front brake rotor swap has turned into a great deal more work. Ive got the new rotors and pads sitting in the garage ready to go, just stock ex ones no rotor swap here.

Ordered new upper arms with bushings and balljoints, and new lower balljoints today.

Also ordered a new complete set of KYB agx struts today. I was going to wait and do the struts, but the fronts are stocks and leaking.

So after all my repairs are complete the front end should be good and I wont have those damn warped rotors on there anymore.

I currently have H&R springs installed on the car. Not sure if they are the sports or race, the car has a nice drop to it and the coils are black.

Cant wait to see how she rides with the H&R and agx setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X