Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Switch tranny now or wait???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch tranny now or wait???

Ok fellas. Ive been working my ass off on my CB7. I corrected almost all CEL faults car is running pretty good! I like it!! i have an auto trans in it now. Im kinda ready to stick it (get a 5spd). I see that an H22 with trans is gonna run at least 1500 or more. Should I wait, get cash together and do the complete swap, or do it gradually get the trans for the F22 and run from there??? Let me know what you think.

Thats up to you honestly
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
      Ok fellas. Ive been working my ass off on my CB7. I corrected almost all CEL faults car is running pretty good! I like it!! i have an auto trans in it now. Im kinda ready to stick it (get a 5spd). I see that an H22 with trans is gonna run at least 1500 or more. Should I wait, get cash together and do the complete swap, or do it gradually get the trans for the F22 and run from there??? Let me know what you think.
      wait, get the cash together for the H22 swap and do it all in one shot.

thats what i'm doing, so far got $600 set aside
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

i'd imagine it would be a whole easier to do a 5spd swap with the engine out, so i'd second that on waiting till you do an engine swap also.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          i'd imagine it would be a whole easier to do a 5spd swap with the engine out, so i'd second that on waiting till you do an engine swap also.
          and i third it because if can skip getting an H auto tranny and just get the stick and save some stress in waiting.

Comment

H series tranny swap and build up the f22. Read the threads in this forum about the f22 buildups. 170whp f22 and H series trans = fun. Thats just with a oem head.
            "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

I really want the H22 swap but I was thinking on still learnig this CB7 thing. Its pretty interesting to me. i want to start slow. im thinking about the last option. H 22 tranny with F22 engine. Just to really get a feel of really doing my own swap. thanks for your opinions! you guys really rock!

Comment

Im pretty new to the cb7 thing and this forum myself. I love how active these threads are. Some forums I post in take days to respond.
                "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

The 5 speed conversion will be much easier with the motor out of the car... meaning it'll be easy when doing the swap.

I HIGHLY recommend the ESP mounts when you do the swap. It's an extra cost, but they'll make life MUCH easier.

Comment

What are the ESP mounts??

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80212

Comment

since that thread that Deev posted, the images don't work.

I've personally taken a picture of the set i've recently ordered of the auto to 5spd conversion mount kit.

a lot of people will recommend these if you could spare the extra money.

Comment

These look pretty straight forward. Im really thinking about grabbing a 5spd this weekend. I would like to do this before it gets cold out side!! I will order some of these mounts if it prevents me from doing any drilling! So lets see: 5spd tranny, both axles for 5spd, clutch and brake pedals with all hardware, clutch master cylinder and clutch hoses with all hardware, and the shifter unit with all hardware. this seems like a fun project Im going to start getting parts for the swap this week. Im looking for an H22 tranny to hook up to a F22 engine.

Comment

well those mounts take 2.5 weeks to get fab'd up and then shipped to you.

if you're on the east coast like me, ohio, that's how long it took me to get the packaged from Washington.

Comment

Mounts

they are the best mounts, yeah a bit expensive but they are sure worth it, im saving up to get them, i have had to change the stock ones, and especially that rear one is a freaken HEADACHE you have to take the bracket off (that's with the h22 in there), if you want speed and performance get the h22 5 speed tranny with lsd if possible, and an upgraded clutch, and flywheel to help you get more power from crank to the wheels, or do it when you get the engine, i got my h22 because my f22 was acting up and i had enough money at the time to do it, i don't really care for speed, im much concerned with miles per gallon, so i kept the stock tranny

Comment

Working...
                              X