Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

usdmh22 v. jdm h22 v. euro-r h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usdmh22 v. jdm h22 v. euro-r h22

hello everyone, im new here and i have a '90 accord lx looking to do a swap and i was wonderin what would be the best motor to get. thanks.

Honestly I wouldn't pay the price tag of the euro-r. Any of the motors are good and can be worked on. I guess it comes down to to how much you wanna pay.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

yeah, i mean my f22 is starting to run rough so im looking for something thats not to heavy on the pocket and still puts good power, i saw the euro puts like 20 more hp but its also about 2000 more. so just the jdm h22 then? im just looking for a easy weekend swap maybe do some internals later. thanks again

Comment

H22A is the way to go.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

There are lots of options for us. If you're looking to stay on a low budget your f22 could prove to be quite the surprise when it comes to power. Maybe fixing that up and working on it might be best for you.

Look around the forum, there's plenty of info on engines and the potential they have on these cars.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

thanks for the help guys. yeah i know i really want to do the h22a swap just wondering if i should find a jdm motor or if it matters about it being usdm? i dont think building the f22 is for me id rather jsut swap the whole thing then build on to that if needed. anybody know a good place to buy other than ebay? thanks again

Comment

well dude 95% of he people on here will tell u 2 go with hmotorsonline.com. they have a good selection of motors at a pretty reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                well dude 95% of he people on here will tell u 2 go with hmotorsonline.com. they have a good selection of motors at a pretty reasonable price.

I wouldn't go with anyone else. They don't send crap motors. Anywhere else, you might get junk.

The USDM OBD1 H22A1 makes slightly less power than the JDM version, though it's not significant (and may be even once you use US gas anyway). The issue with the USDM H22 is that most of them have high mileage. The H22A4 (OBD2) makes about the same power as the JDM H22A, but requires a little more wiring... and may also have high mileage.

The JDM H22A from a good source (hmotors) will have the lowest mileage. This is my choice (and was my choice when I swapped)

The Euro R H22A is a fantastic motor, but for the price, it's a bit much. The only reason to get this is if you plan on keeping it stock... and if you can afford the price for a little extra to show off.

Comment

yeah im looking for something that i can put in, in like a weekend or maybe a week and have it running good. i dont really have the funds or time right now to do anything more. so the jdm h22 from hmotors is the way to go? does that include the lsd tranny cuz i need a new tranny anyways.

Comment

It can if you pay an extra $300... which is a very good deal, considering most aftermarket LSDs cost twice that or more, and then have to be installed...

All H22As are about the same when it comes to installation. There are minor differences with some of the newer ones, and OBD2 is just another step.

Comment

yeah, sorry for all the repetativeness. but im new im fairly good with mechanics and have most of the tools needed. im not too good with wiring though, what i was asking what is like the easiest/best for the money swap. the jdm h22a wit the lsd tranny correct? thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X