Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help, car = slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help, car = slow

ok... so my 91 accord with a f22a1 (with port and polished head, a4 headers aem cold air, p12 ecu) doesnt pull.

it will accelerate but kinda slowly, like we have a 89 prelude with stock b20 and that pulls alot harder.

also first start up is tough for it but after its started it runs fine. its also making a crazy grinding type noise that just started making the noise 3 days ago and i cannot fine the problem.

anybody know what the problems could be??

Who did the head work? Did they know what they were doing? If it wasn't properly ported, and just hogged out, then you may have lost power. Bigger isn't always better. Flow velocity and proper mixing are essential.

You're running a stock cam, stock P12 ECU, stock A4 header, (stock exhaust?), and a P&P'd head... You really should have an upgraded cam, better header (there aren't many worthwhile options for us, other than the Bisimoto header), 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust,and a tuned ECU.

Comment

When did the problem start. Before or after the port and polish and the p12??

Deev your sig is huge change it or I'll delete it.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

sound like what beavergote said woops deevergote said..

they probably didnt do it right and your not getting compression. hope its not your head gasket. eitherway it doesnt sound good. hopefully they torqued the head down properly?

later x

Comment

If its the head gasket, or the head is warped, coolant will be mixing with the oil or getting in the combustion chamber. You'll have chocolate milk in the crankcase, and/or you'll be blowing white smoke.

And my sig is 300 pixels shorter than the maximum width, and EXACTLY at the maximum height

Comment

the head was ported by one of my friends goin to wyo tech or one of those tech schools majoring in automotive performance.

and yes everything else is stock in the engine. im planning on getting bisimoto stage 2 cams sometime soon.

either that, im goin to sell me cb7 and try to get something rear wheel drive.

Comment

damm

yo i would of taken the head to a speed shop and had them done the work like an experienced PRO would off done. you cant just give someone a part a big part of your engine to just anybody, trust me i've learnd the hard way and it wasn't cheap.

Comment

If he didn't know what he was doing, he may have just hogged out the ports... that would kill any hopes of performance from that head.

Comment

buy a new head dude
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                  NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

... and have that new head dude properly modify a new head for you

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      ... and have that new head dude properly modify a new head for you
                      x2
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

well i got the head for free with my new engine. so no big deal.

i was just wondering what the problem was.

thanks everyone.

Comment

That may not be it... but it's a possibility.

Comment

well maybe ill throw on my stock a4 head on it?

see what happens and see if it got torque and power again.

Comment

why do you need a port and polished head when you have nothing done to it? it should be one of the last things done to a cylinder head because once you change the powerband and camshaft, it all changes how you want the port design/flow to be.

the only thing that helps is if you you gasket match, blend in the seats and do some better combustion chamber work. id rather spend time on a valve job than a port and polishing on a stock head.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X