Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stock strut differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock strut differences

So, my suspension plan failed. Had to buy a new windshield, pay tickets, and get my license reinstated last week. (long story) So, I'ma put my stock springs back on the car, but....I need 2 new rear struts. So, I don't need brand new ones, since...I'm still going for a suspension setup here eventually, but....I'm tired of this tire wear, and I need a front end alignment....asap. My rear tires are wearing oddly, because my struts are out....and the ebay coilovers aren't helping. So...to my question..

When I need stock parts, I go to www.car-parts.com Now, they had options, and their options seem as if.....Lx and Dx rear struts, don't work on Ex and Se rears? Aren't all the struts the same except for the wagons? And for 2 doors? I found some rear lx/dx struts (2 door 90'), 13 miles away for 30 bucks. I need to know if there's a difference or not. Appreciate it.
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

they should all work the same. they might have gotten confused because the ex and se have rear discs and abs, which could interfere on other cars.

Comment

Yea, true. I'm just wondering, because Advance Auto has rear struts for 48 bucks a piece. The closest yard I can find with ex/se rear struts, has 'em for 45. I'd rather just pay the extra 3 bucks for new ones, even though I really don't need 'em. I'm throwin' the stock springs on, so I don't need anything hi-performance right now.

Until I can get my front end straight, I'ma just keep the suspension stock. Not sure if a front end alignment's gonna fix it. It's shakin' really bad when I give it gas, and I've rotated tires and everything. Tires are wearing weirdly, even the fronts. Iuno if it'd be axles, bearings, etc. I'd rather get that all fixed, before I drop it for good.
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

check those tie rods, they will shake you all over the place if the bushings are worn.

Comment

Yea, it's like.....one day it doesn't shake at all. The next, I think my front end's gonna fall off. Last night me and my friend were playin' on the highway, and we did a 50-90mph run and no shakes. Then, did it again 3 minutes later, and the girlfriend thought my glovebox was gonna rattle itself out. My whole dash was going crazy. If I'm going up a hill, it'll be fine, until I make a sliigghhtt turn to the left, and it starts to shake...then when I even back out, it does fine again. The tires have what...500 miles on them? And I rotated them after we got back from the track last night to see if it'd help, and nope. Same thing. Tires were mounted, balanced, and rotated. (watched 'em do it). My last set of tires wore really funny. You could see the wear on the tires. Very odd.
          Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 09-02-2008, 01:05 AM.
          98' Mustang 3V Swap
          11' VW CC R36

Comment

Ball joints, tie rod ends and/or sway bar links.

Comment

Working...
            X