Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2 motors 4 days wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 motors 4 days wtf?

so i was driving in the city and next thing i know 3 clanks and a loud bang with a huge cloud of smoke later, there's a hole in my motors crankshaft casing. then i swap the new motor in mind u it only has 85000 miles. 25 miles after the swap a even louder bang and a hole the size of a bagel is in the crankshaft case once again . both wholes are in the front of the motor right next to the header. they both had a whining noise kind of like a super charger before the loud bang. im about to get the new motor being its under warranty. i was wondering does anybody have the slightest clue wat could be wrong here? i really dont wana put the new motor in and have the same issue.
    hmm would a 92 with a sohc vtec be a si????? might as well be

Not sure what's going on, but you may want to shrink your sig before it the ability to have one gets removed...
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

who built them and how?

did you have oil?
      ____

Comment

motor had oil started right u it was out of 95 accord ex with 85000 miles. my roommate thinks its the headers i think its the ecu.

Comment

A stock ECU shouldn't cause a motor to blow, even if it fails, it'd go into limp mode, or the car wouldn't run at all.

A header (only one on an I4) would definitely not cause such failure, unless perhaps a pipe were completely blocked off (you're not running an F22A header on an F22B, are you?)

These motors aren't prone to such failure. Even the POS F22B1 that you had (it's a reliable motor, just worthless for performance). The only common problem on the F and H series motors is the rear main seal (I believe... don't take that for fact). That can come loose and cause complete engine failure due to loss of oil.

Comment

the first block i def changed the rear main seal if thats the one behind the flywheel

Comment

ok...let me go ahead and say this, we've beat around the bush enough

You MUST list what you have done to these engines...we will NOT assume these were both untouched engines aside from swapping...we MUST know what all was done (and not done) in order to assist further.
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                ok...let me go ahead and say this, we've beat around the bush enough

You MUST list what you have done to these engines...we will NOT assume these were both untouched engines aside from swapping...we MUST know what all was done (and not done) in order to assist further.
                Very true.

For the same thing to fail on both engines, it has to be something... or just a really really lousy coincidence!

What transmission are you running?

Comment

92 accord ex with the first motor being a 96 f22b1 and the second being a 95 f22b1 and i used the tranny off of a 91 f22a1 used a zr racing header 60 mm throttle body 10.2mm spark plug wires short ram intake. 2 1/4 cat back with stock muffler and stock cat

Comment

not trying to be an ass...just trying to figure out what all is going on...how do you drive the car? How often/long do you redline? Do you change your own oil? If so how often and how much do you put in?
                    ____

Comment

well i don red line i shift at 6200 i used to ork for honda so oil changes and wat not i got down pretty pact lol andi couldnt realy get on the second motor i swaped in cause it wouldnt make powerpass 3 and wouldnt rev past 4

Comment

6200 is pretty close to redline...f22's don't make power past 5600? so 6k is not necissary.

On a stock cam/crank setup...if done all the time could cause issues...and while that it is true you cannot treat a stock engine so poorly so constantly, these are pretty stout engines and I still suspect something else, but I'm sure it didn't help

I suspect the noise you heard was a rod/crank bearing going out before pop
                        ____

Comment

i would def agree with the dont make power past56 but the car still pulls pas 56
                          Last edited by accord_creeper; 08-31-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

sounds like shit is seizing due to lack of oil.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by accord_creeper View Post
                              i would def agree with the dont make power past56 but vtec dosent even hit till 55 lol
                              oh yeah...vtec...my bad i kept thinking f

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              sounds like shit is seizing due to lack of oil.
                              agreed
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X