Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Replacing F22B with an F22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing F22B with an F22A

Before I get hit for posting in the completely wrong site, Ive been waiting all day for a registration email from cd5tuner.com. I have a wrecked
    cb7 with a lower mileage "JDM" engine. My buddy wants to buy it and install into his friend's 94 cd5. From what Ive read people have done it cause the
    F22B apparently *cough* blows *cough*. Haha, I wouldnt know, thats just what I read. Anyone know of a writeup and required parts list that I can give him along with the engine? Ive searched for a few hours and Im not familiar with Hondas, so be gentle!!! Id imagine its pretty simple, wiring harness is probably different and ECU obviously, but theres always little tricks it seems.

should drop right in..

cd5 accord and cb7s are like the SAME thing..just diffirent doors, and fenders haha

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

y would u wanna get rid of your f22a? thats like taking a D series instead of a b18 in a civic.

but to answer your question yes same family motor and it will fit.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

the cd7 is my sisters car, its getting parted out and the old f22b in the CD5 will be replaced by the superior low mileage F22a. You can see the sexiness of my sis's cd7.

Id imagine Ill be using everything from the F22a (engine, sensors, ignition controls, wiring, ecu) Be similar to my V6 swap in my MR2. But hopefully somebody has a writeup, cause Im all out of beer! Impossible to read wiring diagrams without it...
        Last edited by MR2_3VZFE; 08-30-2008, 02:55 AM.

Comment

realistically, you just disconnect everything and pull the motor out
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I still say that poor CB could be fixed up like new again!

I believe if you use the CD transmission, the F22A should bolt right up to everything else. If it's a non-vtec F22B2 (LX and DX models), then the wiring should be about the same as well. The header on the F22A may not line up perfectly with the exhaust, or the length might be different, so that may need to be addressed.

One thing to keep in mind is this: Putting an older motor into a newer car is illegal in many states. If you live in a state where anyone cares to look under the hood, and they know what they're looking at, that could be a problem.

And your account on CD5tuner is now activated.

Comment

if its a internal coil distributor than you have to change the ecu i think.
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Rewiring can be done. Not a big deal. The PT3 from the CB7 will be needed anyway. The CD ECU will run it, but not properly.

Comment

cool definately the answers I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    Rewiring can be done. Not a big deal. The PT3 from the CB7 will be needed anyway. The CD ECU will run it, but not properly.
                    I am running a 95 Accord LX P0B, for F22B2 ECU on an F22A6 and it runs absolutely perfect. Same results with PT3, PT6, or even P0H (F22B1 OBD2A ECU).

Comment

Working...
                    X