Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Muffler swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muffler swap?

is it bad to mix mufflers? i have an FK-Automotive muffler and it was supposed to be for a VW but i got it custom fitted on..
    HIX

Originally posted by Ice View Post
    is it bad to mix mufflers? i have an FK-Automotive muffler and it was supposed to be for a VW but i got it custom fitted on..
    nothing wrong with that
    Last edited by jas_r34; 08-29-2008, 10:44 PM.
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Dude, how many miles have you driven your car with that on there? Why didn't you ask first? Holy crap.

Absolutely nothing is going to happen because you used a vw muffler. It's cool. Just had to hassle you a little.

Comment

u got me.. as soon as i read the first line i was like fuck shouldnt have done that. but its good to know the muffler is ok. oh i got it for like $75 from this lady.
        HIX

Comment

sound clips?

Comment

Originally posted by preludejim View Post
            sound clips?
            x2. I'd like to hear how it sounds.
            1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

Do you honestly think changing your muffler would hurt your car?

Comment

hey your not talking about a stinger are you. You know the muffler(pipe) that sticks out of the back of a VW Bug? thats hot. PEACE
                Last edited by LowNknoxville; 08-30-2008, 01:48 PM.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

my exhaust is on fkautomotive.com, it is the... wait i'll try and find a pic .. i dont have a camera so it'll be off their site.

http://www.fk-automotive.de/websale7...a5896%2fmd5%7d
                  Last edited by Ice; 09-16-2008, 01:32 AM.
                  HIX

Comment

how would it sound with a yoshimura pipe?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
                      no,, switching the muffler shouldn't do anything bad.

But, one thing to be aware of with the exhaust system is that if you have a big leak or you don't HAVE a muffler, it changes the back pressure to the engine and the exhaust gases getting to the catalytic converter can overheat the catalytic converter. It could also cause engine ramifications over time I believe, but I'm not so sure about the details of that. Something to do with the exhaust valves but I could be wrong.

But switching the muffler to a vw one would not cause such a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X