Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is the correct tire pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the correct tire pressure

on a 93 accord ex 3 doors? I live in San Francisco

That's almost impossible to know without looking at your tires. If you look at what max pressure your tires have written on them, don't put that much in there. If it says max 45 put them about 35-37psi. That's just about what I do.

Comment

Door jam says 29psi, so I run em at about 32psi knowing they will loose some before I get around to checking again. Tires never have the recommended pressure on them, just the maximum pressure.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

in auto shop in highschool he told us to inflate 2 pounds over, but I've heard 8 million things
        Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126992

Comment

my wagon...

front=32
          rear=34
          rear with weight=32

thats what honda says I should put. so I do

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

good rule of thumb, for stock tires, 32-35psi. For low profile 16s, 17s, 18s go at least 35psi. I normally run my 17s at 40psi on the highway if I'm going on a road trip. But if i'm just cruising in town at home, I go 35psi. Anything above 40 starts to prematurely wear out the tire in the center, and you'd be getting less treadwear out of them...which would cost you more money in the longrun. Oh yeah and check your tires at LEAST once a month. Tires can lose anywhere from 4-7 lbs of air depending on how long the car sits for at a time. Also, if you've got Dill valvestems...we've been having a lot of problems w/ them failing, so if you do, have them checked out for any defects. We've switched to Schrader Valves now b/c of those failing.

P.S. I work at Discount Tire Co.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-27-2008, 12:57 AM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

the standard "overall" average passenger car pressure is 32lbs.
              this is not a stated fact anywhere except for cars that actually post this on their production sticker.

it is a good pressure for about 90 percent of road cars (and most of our CB's) but not accurate for special (and increasingly more common) tire/wheel setups.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

welcome fellow bay area tuner...

i would suggest 32 however it would really depend on the tire itself. a cheaper softer sidewall tire may take upwards towards 40 psi. i inflate mine to 42 and the sidewall still sits on the ground.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                X