Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

High Idle after short ram install, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so if i buy an sri on ebay , there are good chances that my rpm keeps the same as it is now and i'll maybie feel more power ?

Comment

Danm, from 100 people with SRI, I had to get the trouble one, hahahaha.
      I'm gonna try to unplug it tomorrow and let it open, I guess it should sit to the normal 900rpms:
      I let you know tomorrow, how it turned out!!
      Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

Any other ideas to try?
        Colombian CB7

Comment

Well, I've tried almost all the options, and still don't get it fixed, so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee anyone, where are the older members?
          They know how to fix it but I guess they don't visit the beginers threads, if someone knows them, please tell'em my problem!
          Colombian CB7

Comment

Colombian CB7

Comment

that air boost hose is not plugged...goes into intake.

Forget about your idle before the install...just go ahead and recheck/reset your idle screw.
              Reset your ecu.
              If you can't get the idle to lower, then you've got a vacuum leak...if you bottom the idle screw out to get the idle lower (AFTER warmup) then you've got a vacuum leak.

you didn't unplug the vacuum line going to your fuel press. regulator did you? makes it dump fuel like you were WOT even at idle.

It is possible your o2 sensor is bad, makes a waste of gas as well...but I would not worry about that until you've ruled out everything else.

Why do you not have the line from the charcoal canister hooked up?

Advice...when you've changed something on your car and it worked before...but now it doesn't...UNDO what you did...go back to FULL stock (well as much as is reasonable) then, piece by piece redo the mod...that means...have ALL the vacuum lines where they were as stock...then...line by line...change it back to "modded".

if you touched it and it messed up...it's cause you touched it...so untouch it

Of course it could also be parts...but not in this case since this is just a tube to tube replacement
              Last edited by bcjammerx; 08-28-2008, 12:57 PM.
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                that air boost hose is not plugged...goes into intake.

Forget about your idle before the install...just go ahead and recheck/reset your idle screw.
                Reset your ecu.
                If you can't get the idle to lower, then you've got a vacuum leak...if you bottom the idle screw out to get the idle lower (AFTER warmup) then you've got a vacuum leak.

you didn't unplug the vacuum line going to your fuel press. regulator did you? makes it dump fuel like you were WOT even at idle.

It is possible your o2 sensor is bad, makes a waste of gas as well...but I would not worry about that until you've ruled out everything else.

Why do you not have the line from the charcoal canister hooked up?

Advice...when you've changed something on your car and it worked before...but now it doesn't...UNDO what you did...go back to FULL stock (well as much as is reasonable) then, piece by piece redo the mod...that means...have ALL the vacuum lines where they were as stock...then...line by line...change it back to "modded".

if you touched it and it messed up...it's cause you touched it...so untouch it

Of course it could also be parts...but not in this case since this is just a tube to tube replacement

Thanks, I'm gonna spend some time doing what you said, but I think I did this(you didn't unplug the vacuum line going to your fuel press. regulator did you? makes it dump fuel like you were WOT even at idle.), guess that's one of the problems, I'm gonna undo everything and go step by step as you said, but how do I fix it? i mean taht vacuum line that goes to the fuel regulator I unplugged and plugged again!
                Colombian CB7

Comment

soo when u remove the stock air box u have to cap the 3rd vacumm line onto the throttle body???
                  i have it stilll there,
                  i took of my box everything off!
                  never capped it em i suppose to ???
                  i just left it there never touched it!
                  haha
                  dont feel anything wrong!
                  IT MAY BE AUTO BUT IT SURE RUNS FAST FOR A F22A6

Comment

well the reason i was asking about that capped off line is because I don't see any reason NOT to have every vacuum line that WAS hooked up before a short ram or other intake setup still hooked up after the setup.

Deff. hook that fuel press. reg. back up, you'll be dumping WOT fuel at idle...no funs
                    ____

Comment

Ok. Posted this pics in order to get your opinios about what is wrong, ther are two setups of the vacuum line that goes to the SRI, in both cases, neither of them make a change!

w/o air boost plugged to the SRI

With air boost plugged to the SRI
                      Colombian CB7

Comment

Question! Could it be the valve thats goes in one of the pipipng next to the battery, I took it to my mechanic and his gonna do something but not in the vacuum lines, and I don't like that.
                        Colombian CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                          I dont know how to ... lol ..
                          coke....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
                            Danm, from 100 people with SRI, I had to get the trouble one, hahahaha.
                            I'm gonna try to unplug it tomorrow and let it open, I guess it should sit to the normal 900rpms:
                            I let you know tomorrow, how it turned out!!
                            900rpms is NOT normal idle around 650rpm is. Have you try to re-adjust your Idle back down to around 650rpm?. on my car right now if I adjust my idle screw ablove 800rpm my idle will surge 700rpm-1500rpm non stop when i'm at partk or neutral. If I lower it down to 650rpm then the problem go away. If you follow the correct method to reset your idle rpm and that did not fix your issue then I hope other member can fix your issue since i'm out of idea.

1. unplug the Fast Idle Air valve electric plug connector on the middle of the manifold.
                            2. adjust the idle screw with no accessory/radio/light on to 650rpm.
                            3. turn off the engine and remove the ecu and radio backup fuses (wait 1-2min) then install the fuses
                            4. reconnect the Fast Idle Air Valve electrical plug and start your engine. Your Idle should be around 650 rpm in neutral of 5 speed or park if auto.

GL
                            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Actually the Idle is suppose to be 700, but +/- 50 is fine.

And yeah, If you have the throttle screw too far out air will leak past the screw.
                              wat?

Comment

i looked at my SRI intake setup. i have the vacuum hose from the air booster hooked up to my intake and it works fine. when i start it goes up to 1500 then goes down to about 800 when it warms up(it was that high when i got the car). so are you sure its the intake? its possibly something else

Comment

Working...
                                X