Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

High Idle after short ram install, help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow i'll look where this hose is going ... as i saw it isnt connected to the oem intake pipe ... . . . ... Hope u will find whats ur problem , i 'll do what i can to help u ...

Comment

The thing that bugs me is that ur engine looks to suck more gas so the air flow doesnt have a link to this... Does ur car looks to be more powerful on acceleration .. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
        Tomorrow i'll look where this hose is going ... as i saw it isnt connected to the oem intake pipe ... . . . ... Hope u will find whats ur problem , i 'll do what i can to help u ...

Thanks man, I'll try tomorrow again, it's dark here too and I'm tired.
        Well I'll check this thread tomorrow to see if somebody got the answer
        later
        Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

Ok cya tomorrow ...

Comment

The thing that bugs me is that ur engine looks to suck more gas so the air flow doesnt have a link to this... Does ur car looks to be more powerful on acceleration .. ??
            Yes it is more powerful, actually it gain around 7hp, i love it but when i'm at a traffic light it keeps reving at 1500, and is wasting my gas, the cb7 is my daily driving car, well is the only one i have, but down here there are lots of traffic jams and traffic lights , so i nedd it to keep its 900revs or i'll be broke in no time
            Colombian CB7

Comment

Nobody else?
              Colombian CB7

Comment

Ok, i'll go see under my hood to see something and i'll tell u more if i can ...

Comment

Well as u can see on my engine pic, there's only 1 hosse connected to the oem pipe , maybie you should look where its comming from ?!?

Comment

Well as u can see on my engine pic, there's only 1 hosse connected to the oem pipe , maybie you should look where its comming from ?!?
                    jesus....clean you're engine bay

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                      nice drawing...does anybody know the effects of just removing the hose that connects the ABV and the stock intake tubing?

Comment

Originally posted by the pharmacist View Post
                        jesus....clean you're engine bay
                        I dont know how to ... lol ..

Comment

Ok now i saw the (air boost) hose pluged on my oem pipe Look :

So, i think that this is not the problem ... Now i think im lost .... Maybie u should just call to honda ? for question ...

Comment

high idle in park vs high idle rpm in drive gear is very different. I have this problem before too but I have an auto tranny so when i'm in drive D4 and at a red light or stop the rpm would be at 1500rpm+ and as soon as I let the brake petal go the car would just jump foward without me steping on the gas. it really help me in stop and go races but was eating gas like crazy. Again this is from my experience on my auto f22a4 back then when I install SRI.

now the Air boost valve should be left open or with a foam filter and NOT connect to any vacuum source. At idle your engine produce vacuum presure and if that Air boost valve see vacumm it will raise your RPM real high over 1500. Specailly when in gear and at a stop sign or red light. might be diff if your a 5 speed- but on my auto which alway has the tranny engaged i had to hold down the brake petal harder just to keep the car from moving since i'm in gear at a redlight with such a high rpm( normally 650-750rpm) the car want to creep up.

so any leaked vacuum line you would have high idle only when you not in gear like in neutral/park. when IN gear then i', 95% sure it the air boost valve seeing vacumm since it connect to the SRI 1st port. My sister accord also auto had the same issue I fix 2 month ago when I install her SRI. so in both issue leaving the Air boost valve open solved both of my and my sister high rpm rev while in gear at a stop. the SRI will on some car increase your normal park/neutral idle about 100-200rpm or even make it keep reving up down from 600rpm-1500rpm for that you need to adjust your idle screw on the manifold. again work for me and hope maybe it might help with your Good luck.
                            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Ok so if i understood well, in my case my rpm is normal and if i buy an sri it could go up to 1500 and it would be bad ! ?

Comment

low small percentage you will get any problem. Most people after install SRI have no or little inrease in rpm that they will notice. example your idle might be 650rpm after install +-100rpm more or less. only 1% will have ( people with high idle say 800rpm compare to normal 650rpm) the surge reving that keep bouncing between 650-1500rpm and if the idle screw don't fix that then it the Fast Idle Air Valve. Plus as long as you don't put a vacumm source on the Air boost valve you should be ok.

again if 100 poeple install SRI only 1-2 have problem. so it like using diff brand of gas- shell-exxon-mobil... many does it everyday and has no problem but a few people get hiccup or performance lost.
                                Last edited by blazen_accord; 08-27-2008, 06:43 PM.
                                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                                X