Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need Syncros...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Syncros...

Anyone know where i could get just the syncros for my f22a1 tranny?

idk man.... i say fuck it and rev match...

Comment

Honda, Rockauto.com, you can try MajesticHonda (online). Ebay MAY have them, but i doubt it. Local tranny shops (that specialize in transmissions) will usually be able to get all the parts you need.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593 View Post
        Honda, Rockauto.com, you can try MajesticHonda (online). Ebay MAY have them, but i doubt it. Local tranny shops (that specialize in transmissions) will usually be able to get all the parts you need.
        His answer was better.... not to post whore or anything... just very talkative tonight... Sry

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          His answer was better.... not to post whore or anything... just very talkative tonight... Sry
          Rev matching is too hard to do, even with burned out syncro's. My friend did it for 4 months on his civic, he had to replace his whole tranny after a syncro blew, and put a nice 2 inch hole in the tranny for some reason... in my eyes it was pretty funny.. but his wallet was hurtin.
          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Rev matching is easier on the gearbox than not rev matching, but getting it wrong a lot will eventually do damage, if getting it wrong means crunched shifts. It's not that hard to do, but it does take practice, and some people never really get the knack...

With some cars (some Hondas at least) some actions of the IACV can make rev matching a lot harder (to get just so), better to blank it off (i.e. blank off air flow through the IACV, don't disconnect the electrical connector, the computer doesn't like it).
            Regards from Oz,
            John.

Comment

have you tried the new honda mtf or the penzoil syncromesh? My street car was grinding until I put in the syncromesh fluid.
              1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
              newer race video,older race videos
              1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
              1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

i actually did some research not too long ago and i found rev matching pretty easy myself...

then i also found a tutorial on shift without the clutch as well and that too was pretty easy. If you pay attention to your tach a lot then it is easier because you know where you need to be...

and with clutchless shifting... it basically said to let off the gas and as soon as you fell the car start to drag just shift real fast and it works... no grinds or anything. Rather suprising.

Comment

Knowing where to get the synchros is the easy part. Installing them isn't so easy. It's basically rebuilding the entire transmission.

Check out www.gear-speed.com.

Comment

Can't rev match cuz it wont "slide" into gear. I have to slow the car down to 25mphs for 4th and 15 for 3rd and i have to be stoped to put it into 1st and 2nd. I found carbon coated syncros on gearspeed.com for $50 a piece.

Comment

I need to make a list of what to fix first. burns alittle oil and many other things. just going to keep it going through the winter. plan on a swap next summer. maybe a f22a1 block and a h22a head. but going from non-vtec to vtec gets expensive so ive heard.

Comment

revmatching should eliminate the need for synchros. you may be looking at a bent shifter fork instead.

What do you plan to do with the carbon coated synchros when you get them?

Comment

and it dosent grind at all...

Comment

Then synchros may not be your problem.

Again, what do you plan to do with them when you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by accord...black View Post
                              Can't rev match cuz it wont "slide" into gear. I have to slow the car down to 25mphs for 4th and 15 for 3rd and i have to be stoped to put it into 1st and 2nd.
                              Then I would suggest it's possible that you aren't doing it correctly...
                              Regards from Oz,
                              John.

Comment

Working...
                              X