Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need some input on what engine to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some input on what engine to build

Ok I am planning swapping out my engine down the road. I am going to build the motor from the ground up over however much time it takes. I am not in a rush with this. I am going to put the block on the engine stand and just do whatever I can to it, whenever I can. My first question will be about the block. I'm not sure if I wanna go all motor or turbo yet but what block is a good base to start with for a lot of horsepower? I heard a lot of good things from people that have f20b's and they really are not that expensive. Is this a good block to start a build on?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

all the engines are a good start. as long as the engine you start with was in good shape to begin with you should be ok.

just make a plan as to what horsepower number you want to hit and how much money you are willing to spend on it and start from there.

you will get people who are F series fans and you'll get the H engine fans too.

look at the photo section of this site and you will see all the different setups

ultimately the choice is yours
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

For big horsepower, you'll want to sleeve the block. This makes all F and H blocks just about equal.

Comment

K series engines are nice, they can bust out some good numbers. I'm just not sure if they fit in out cars without doing some modifacations.

Comment

Hasport makes a mount kit for our cars, but it'll cost about $8,000-$10,000 when all is said and done to put a K series in our cars. Not really something the average CB7tuner can do. You can get an RSX with a K series already in it for that much these days!

Comment

use your F22A. The head flows excellently... yes, it may be a dinosaur compared to other twin cam vtec's but with some Bisimoto Engineering parts in that baby it'll throw down some good numbers.

not ONLY a sleeper car but a sleeper engine as well.

if you pay attention to any tuner magazine out there, there's a "Top Shop Challenge" for who can build the motor with the most power. ironically, Super Street has selected the F22A as their all motor platform so... yeah... check that out possibly.

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's.

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              Hasport makes a mount kit for our cars, but it'll cost about $8,000-$10,000 when all is said and done to put a K series in our cars. Not really something the average CB7tuner can do. You can get an RSX with a K series already in it for that much these days!
              Yea that's a little bit out of the question for me. I don't mind spending a lot of money if its over a long period of time but I really am not only doing this for the power but also for the learning experience.

Originally posted by dph92lx View Post
              use your F22A. The head flows excellently... yes, it may be a dinosaur compared to other twin cam vtec's but with some Bisimoto Engineering parts in that baby it'll throw down some good numbers.

not ONLY a sleeper car but a sleeper engine as well.

if you pay attention to any tuner magazine out there, there's a "Top Shop Challenge" for who can build the motor with the most power. ironically, Super Street has selected the F22A as their all motor platform so... yeah... check that out possibly.
              Well the reason I want to get a different motor is so I can just put it on the stand and take my time with it. I don't want to take my f22a4 out of my car and put it on the stand because then that car will not be drivable for however long I build the engine. I don't really see a point of buying another f22 for around $700 or more when I can just buy a f20b or something for a little more. Does anyone know of a place I can buy just a block? Anywhere online? Maybe a place that has blocks already sleeved and port/polished?

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
              My member's ride

Comment

www.car-parts.com

That's where I go for cheap parts and stuff. They also have plenty of engines. I bought an engine from them a few months ago, and I have no complaints. Just, the mechanic that put it in use f22b gaskets? My valve cover gasket was pretty big. haha, but we fixed that. Also bought a p12 ecu last weekend. 35 bucks! (Henderson Auto).

But, if you need blocks and stuff, that's where, I myself, would go.
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                  www.car-parts.com

That's where I go for cheap parts and stuff. They also have plenty of engines. I bought an engine from them a few months ago, and I have no complaints. Just, the mechanic that put it in use f22b gaskets? My valve cover gasket was pretty big. haha, but we fixed that. Also bought a p12 ecu last weekend. 35 bucks! (Henderson Auto).

Thank you for the link. I will check it out. I also just bought a p12 ecu the other day and it should be here within a couple days. I paid around the same ($30 plus $8 shipping)

My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                    www.car-parts.com

All that is is a junkyard search engine. It is a fantastic site, though.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I have been looking for parts in my area on this site. I will look for a block the upcoming weekend and then update my progress on here.

My member's ride

Comment

the benefit to building a f22 is that there will be less potential problems as opposed to a hybrid swap.

take it slow and double check everything.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X