Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Battery keeps draining somehow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery keeps draining somehow?

1993 honda accord

I got new battery, testted its 12 volts.
    Started car tested it 14 volts, so i get alternator is good.

The battery has drained to 8 volts and stays there ?what up with that ?
    My deck won't even turn on ?

what could be the problem ?

aftermarket stereo? Charge the battery back up, unplug the stereo and let the car sit overnight with it unplugged. Check to see if the battery drained any. Do the same with the alternator. hopefully its something easy otherwise its time to breakout the mutlimeter.

Comment

Possible loose ground. Check all your wires. For starters, see if your alternator is even charging your battery.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

alternator? start and remove battery

yo tsx, here i come

Comment

Originally posted by newaccord View Post
          alternator? start and remove battery
          as i have said in the other thread regarding alternator issues

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING !!!

get a proper battery/voltage tester and use it according to the instructions.

disconnecting the battery that way CAN and WILL fry some or all of your electronics

a tester is available for @ $20 at the auto parts store

much less that a new alt OR computer
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

with your engine off unplug the positive battery post and hook up a multimeter and put it to dc amps. You shouldn't see more than I think .02 amps or even less. if you see more than that there is a load. If you have an alarm those tend to drain a fair amount of amps when they go off. Start pulling fuses till you find which circuit is draining the most amps and start looking for shorts in that systems wiring.
            AD5OS
            FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              as i have said in the other thread regarding alternator issues

DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING !!!

get a proper battery/voltage tester and use it according to the instructions.

disconnecting the battery that way CAN and WILL fry some or all of your electronics

a tester is available for @ $20 at the auto parts store

much less that a new alt OR computer
              QFT! Harbor Freight has a multimeter for $4 that suits this purpose just fine. I simply test the battery by connecting the prongs to the terminals with car off... get XX volts... start car.. test again.. get XX volts. Seriously, who wants to break their car trying to fix their car?
              Currently: 1996 Dodge Caravan (DD), 1990 Honda Accord LX
              Currently pulling the head to fix borked valve(s). Converted to external ign. coil.
              Previously: 1991 Dodge Dakota, 1995 Ford Contour GL, 1992 Mazda Protege DX

Comment

Working...
              X