Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MPG numbers on highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91' Accord Si View Post
    My h22 at 60 gets only 31mpg
    Thats about what I get also, even up to 70mph with h22 and h22 tranny.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

ONLY 31? That's pretty damn good
      ____

Comment

Im so happy, lol

I went 350+ miles on a trip this weekend and i averaged 28.5 MPG.

About 250 of those were highway, no AC, the other 100 was city, with 50/50 AC.

Not bad compared to my usual 22mpg City.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I average around 25 mpg in my wagon. But I have a semi lead foot and automatic. I wonder what the f22b1 with jdm h22a automatic will do.

Comment

Im AT and i used to lead foot, but ive eased up lately. Still getting 22-24. Althought it IS all city. I rarely see anything above 50mph.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Im so happy, lol

I went 350+ miles on a trip this weekend and i averaged 28.5 MPG.

About 250 of those were highway, no AC, the other 100 was city, with 50/50 AC.

Not bad compared to my usual 22mpg City.
              yeah for some reason, my city mileage sucks BIG TIME, sometimes its 19, sometimes 21, but idk how other Auto guys manage mid 20s in the city. Its either ALL highway for me and net 30mpg or 19mpg in city lol.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

70-75 is where I get the best gas mileage. Trying to do 55-60, just doesn't work out. Kinda baffles me also, knowing the engine's running faster, using more fuel at 70-75 than 55-60. Maybe cause it's a Honda? 1 day they'll start up. One day they won't. Next day, start right up. The fun!
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                  70-75 is where I get the best gas mileage. Trying to do 55-60, just doesn't work out. Kinda baffles me also, knowing the engine's running faster, using more fuel at 70-75 than 55-60. Maybe cause it's a Honda? 1 day they'll start up. One day they won't. Next day, start right up. The fun!
                  Well it's ALL about distance and fuel used, so if you can go 20% faster but only use 18% more fuel, then you will get better mpgs. It's the 'sweet spot' they always mention.

yeah for some reason, my city mileage sucks BIG TIME, sometimes its 19, sometimes 21, but idk how other Auto guys manage mid 20s in the city. Its either ALL highway for me and net 30mpg or 19mpg in city lol.
                  not just you, mind you we have the heaviest cars aside from wagons, maybe se's..our 93 ex's are about 3100 lbs! I constantly see 21.5 when I have places to go and can't be bothered with hypermiling around the city. However my mpguino shows if I can get it up to 55 or so it will improve to about 25. 35-40 is not such a great spot for my car. And again, with the weight, having to constantly reapply the throttle to regain speed just saps the mileage away.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair View Post
                    Well it's ALL about distance and fuel used, so if you can go 20% faster but only use 18% more fuel, then you will get better mpgs. It's the 'sweet spot' they always mention.

not just you, mind you we have the heaviest cars aside from wagons, maybe se's..our 93 ex's are about 3100 lbs! I constantly see 21.5 when I have places to go and can't be bothered with hypermiling around the city. However my mpguino shows if I can get it up to 55 or so it will improve to about 25. 35-40 is not such a great spot for my car. And again, with the weight, having to constantly reapply the throttle to regain speed just saps the mileage away.
                    BUT.....BUT.... I've got a CF hood! lol. Yeah i guess city mileage is sucky for our cars since they're the pot belly pigs of early 90s hondas compared to other civics and CRXs etc. I could inflate my tires to like 44psi, but then they'd wear out quicker. And at 546 dollars a set, i'm not so keen on doing that. I keep em at 35psi right now, about 40 when I take a road trip.

hmmmm, I need a vortex generator like on the Evo 9s lol.

But have you done tests as to which speed the F22 engines are most efficient? I know they won't be all the same, since every engine has its "sweet spot" but what would you think an F22A6 sweet spot would be? like 75ish?
                    Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-26-2008, 04:48 AM.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

hey losiracer, when you're going say 80 or 85 wat is your rpm at that speed?

Mine is about 3.5k rpm.

Seeing that makes me feel like my car is drinking gas haa.

Just wondering if this is right.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                        hey losiracer, when you're going say 80 or 85 wat is your rpm at that speed?

Mine is about 3.5k rpm.

Seeing that makes me feel like my car is drinking gas haa.

Just wondering if this is right.
                        yeah i'm at like 3450rpms so pretty much 3500 at that speed. At 70mph, i'm at like 2900rpms. I was also pondering if I should use a colder plug for my climate. Like a NGK ZFR6F-11 instead of the 5F-11 i've got now. Since it's so hot over here. After I did my HG, my engine seems to run hotter. Maybe b/c the compression is back up to 180psi instead of being at 90psi. Idk. Still some things to figure out. And my cooling fans don't come on anymore after my car is shut off....yeah still messing w/ that sorry for

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

oh ok thanks for the confirmation I thought my tcu might have been whacked and I should actually be at 2k rpm or something at that speed.

As for spark plugs, i'm running whatever honda sells at the dealership.

It's funny, when my car was stock my cooling fan would turn on all the time. Ever since i got bolt ons it rarely does.

Header dissipates heat better? Bigger exhaust piping runs out the fumes better? Cold air intake cools engine?

who knows lol.
                          Last edited by ikayto; 08-26-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

i drove from maryland to cali this summer and prob averaged around 35 mpg doing abt 80 most of the way cruise control set
                            cb7's and three titty women with two vaginas is all we need in life j/k
                            MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

Working...
                            X