Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MPG numbers on highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPG numbers on highway

Anyone got any MPG numbers out of our cars at a constant say 60mph, then 55mph.

I keep hearing people say their cb7's get 30+mpg going 70+ on the interstate.

Just curious if my driving 55 is really costing me MPG, anyone have some definite answers?
    90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
    DIY ram intake
    0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
    stock alt rewound to 120amps
    optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
    fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
    2004 Jeep Liberty v6
    2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

I actually just check my highway mileage today. I drove 113 miles(to college) and went through about 10 miles of congestion where it was stop'n go traffic. The rest of the time I varied between 60 and 80mph.

I got just shy of 32mpg

Thats right after swapping a6 runners and h23 plenum with a bored out tb and portmatched plenum on my f22a1 with axle-back exhaust and aem short ram intake.

I think having clean egr ports and injectors did the trick.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ahh good

yes this is what I keep hearing. I'm hitting about 32mpg driving 55mph with CC. Im just wondering if my CB might really get better mileage driving say 60-65mpg although logically it doesn't make sense, b/c RPMs go up, gas use goes up.

Just continuing my CB7 mpg research
      90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
      DIY ram intake
      0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
      stock alt rewound to 120amps
      optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
      fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
      2004 Jeep Liberty v6
      2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

I recently drove to Spokane, drove around there, which when I stopped to fill up, I had 186.1 miles, took 5.052 gallons of gas. If you do the math, that's a little more than 36 miles per gallon. That was mostly at 60 mph. Some slower driving, due to going thru little towns

Comment

90% hiway and 10% city, I average 33 mpg with my H22.

before any one questions how I come to this number because there is always someone who ask. I take the odometer reading of miles driven divided by how many gallons I fill up on per full tank.

Comment

I went to Tucson and back the other night and got 252.1 miles on a half tank. like 8.347 gal I think, approx. 30mpg. But there was road construction for about 40 miles and I was only able to go 65 mph for about 70 miles in Tucson.

I think our engines are most efficient at about 75-80mph. I got 32mpg WITH A/C going all the way doing that speed on a 100 mile trip I made last summer. So yeah i think that's our sweet spot w/ our F22 engines.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-24-2008, 05:39 AM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              I went to Tucson and back the other night and got 252.1 miles on a half tank. like 8.347 gal I think, approx. 30mpg. But there was road construction for about 40 miles and I was only able to go 65 mph for about 70 miles in Tucson.

I think our engines are most efficient at about 75-80mph. I got 32mpg WITH A/C going all the way doing that speed on a 100 mile trip I made last summer. So yeah i think that's our sweet spot w/ our engines.
              lol I do 80-85 and I get 22mpg.

Comment

i think 27 on a good day.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If I constantly do 80 I get 23-24, if I can refrain and do 65 I can get low 30's

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I've found that it really depends on how heavy my foot is that day or how much I want to hear the exhaust note by hitting the gas hard that varies my gas mileage. Taking off nice and steady and using cruise control get me between 32-35 driving steady 70mph on the hwy. Stomping on it makes it suffer around 23-24, but the fun factor makes up for it. Never really checked mileage going 55. VA speedlimit is 65 so I do 70 to work.I also calculate miles driven and gallons purchased at fillup.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116662

Comment

I drove 80-85 for 400+ miles (Santa Cruz to San Diego) and got 29.52 mpg. On the way back, same speed but with the A/C on and 350+ more pounds in the car, I got 28.28 mpg.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=48497
                      - Ghosty
                      WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                      FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

My h22 at 60 gets only 31mpg

FWD'ing it up :

Comment

do yuo have the h with your f tranny?
                          i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

I get around 30-37 with the A/C off, 1 passenger, car fully loaded with luggage. That was right after a full tuneup though (cap/rotor/fuel filter/air filter/tps adjustment/oil change/ATF change/valve adjustment/etc).

A few months after the tuneup, same trip (in reverse though, Texas to Utah), with the A/C on, I got a low of 30, and a high of 33mpg.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

back when I made trips back and forth from longview to austin (5hrs) and longview to waco (3.5hrs) I would do 80-90 when I could...i got 32mpg one time...BUT...I seriously question the accuracy.

I was getting 420 miles per tank, putting int around 14 gal...i got that routinely (not now though) so that's more accurate. 28-30
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X