Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP: Car Starts Great buts dies instantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Car Starts Great buts dies instantly

So 2 days ago i replaced my ignitor and the car dying while driving is now fixed. Now my car is starting and dying instantly.

Electrical? Ignitor problems? What is this problem please help!?!
    My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Connections connected properly?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
      Connections connected properly?
      from the ignitor? Yes from what i know of yes.

Comment

Make sure the distributor is timed correctly and the spark plug wires are in the correct positions.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

yup you should mark your wires then switch them cuz you could of misplace one and connected it to the wrong input but sound like your car ain't gettine enough spark wich also allows it to turn off correct?....

Originally posted by deevergote
          .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Have you touched the spark plug wires or distributor in the process? If you have removed the distributor make sure that you don't have it 180 out. Some cars the distributor only goes on one way, but since I don't have my cb7 yet, I don't know. Shouldn't even crank if it's 180 out though. Or at least my supra didn't when it was 180 out. I also think it could be the spark plug wires might be mixed up if you have touched them.
            -Keylan-

My hopes and dreams of a CB7 have been dashed!

Comment

the spark it is getting is great. I forgot to mention that i drove in today in the morning to work and it was fine and now it is turning over starting quite easily and then dying almost instantly... it is weird... we just replace the Igniter and already did fuel filter and fuel pump...and when the car is running or should i was when it was running it was running in perfect order so the plugs are in the correct positions.

Comment

do you hear a click when you turn the key to the ACC/ON position? That would signify the Main Relay is working like it should. If you don't, then I suggest you take it out and resolder the points inside of it, b/c they could be cracked causing your sudden stalling. That relay controls the fuel pump.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I had a similar problem with a prelude. Trickle charge your battery and have your alternator tested. I believe Auto Zone tests them for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    do you hear a click when you turn the key to the ACC/ON position? That would signify the Main Relay is working like it should. If you don't, then I suggest you take it out and resolder the points inside of it, b/c they could be cracked causing your sudden stalling. That relay controls the fuel pump.
                    I turn the key 2 times and the normal lgiht up of E Brake SRS and Check engine dont even light up...is that main relay?

Comment

Bump

Comment

could it be a defective ignitor ?
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

found the problem... Ignition doesnt turn far enough to keep car on...

Comment

Glad to see you found the problem, now the question is, how do you/did you fix it?
                            -Keylan-

My hopes and dreams of a CB7 have been dashed!

Comment

Working...
                            X