Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what would be better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would be better

i am looking for lots of horespower. can i find that in a cb7 or am i just driving a "grocery commuter". I love my cb7 but would like to compete against my friends.
    HIX

You can turbo your car, add an h series motor... the list goes on and on...

Comment

what power goal do you have ?

thats what you need to think about first, then what kind of budget are you going to have ?

then do your homework and find the best possible power plant/application for you.
      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
        i am looking for lots of horespower. can i find that in a cb7 or am i just driving a "grocery commuter". I love my cb7 but would like to compete against my friends.
        what are your friends driving?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

The potential is there, just look around the site. If you spend the money, you can build the lowly f22aX up to seriously competitive HP levels. Look at the work Bisimoto is doing. 450+ NA whp, 9.6 sec. 1/4 mile. Granted, he's got it in an Insight, but it's still the same basic starting point. Even if you're not looking to spend that kind of money, you can still build a respectable machine.

Comment

Like the others have said, you first have to decide a power goal and a budget. Your budget is going to determine everything of course. Then your power goal with really kind of determine if you are gonna want to stay N/A or turbo your car. And if you friends are driving Supra's, z06's, etc. you might just want to get some different friends! hahaha. J/K. But seriously, give us a little more information and we'll be able to help you out a lot more
            -Keylan-

My hopes and dreams of a CB7 have been dashed!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45035

Turbo can get you up there

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112648

Anything by Bisi is straight gold as well

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

my friends have the older style eclipse and the newer body style 240sx sry i dont have the years of them
                Last edited by Ice; 08-20-2008, 08:38 PM.
                HIX

Comment

Is your friends eclipse turbo'd? If it is, is it AWD or FWD and 5-speed or auto? Those dsm's can be beast when they are running I should know, I just sold mine. hahah.
                  -Keylan-

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post
                    my friends have the older style eclipse and the newer body style 240sx sry i dont have the years of them
                    if they are in stock form then you should have no problem with a H22 and a few mods.

a turbo would do the trick for sure if they have em kicked up a bit.

your car isnt far off.
                    lots of potential in the cb for what you are looking for.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

which would be better an f22 or an h22 turboed, i know N/A the h22 has more HP and it would cost a lot to mod the h22, but in the end which is better...oh does the h22/(a1)i think its a1 transmission shift easier than the f22/a1.
                      HIX

Comment

h22 no question
                        h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Turbo h22 vs. turbo f22 = h22 ftw, but once again it all depends on budget. You got the nice up front cost of just purchasing the h22, not to mention turboing it, when you could use the money that you spent to buy the h22 to go ahead and turbo your f22.
                          -Keylan-

Comment

turbo h22 ftw
                            1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
                            _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Plus, how much maintenance are you willing to put up with and how much reliability are you willing to sacrifice?

Comment

Working...
                              X