Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tubo steup for h23a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tubo steup for h23a

can anyone direct me to a good site for a decent price turbo for the h23a dohc non-vtec
    h23a3 lxinks

maybe post this under the turbo thread instead of begginers fourm

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Depends on 50000 things. What type of flange will your manifold have? What are your power goals? Will you be built? Will you be using this for street or strip purposes? How many psi?

Also, DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON YOUR TURBO.

It might run great when you first get it, but overtime, a cheap turbo will not last as long as a quality turbo. You pay more, but you pay more for a reason.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

listen to the cheese he knows his shit. by the way what kind of set up do you have? street or strip?
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

isten to the cheese he knows his shit. by the way what kind of set up do you have? st

street i just ordered the h23a. so this will be from scratch
          h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
            listen to the cheese he knows his shit. by the way what kind of set up do you have? street or strip?
            lol cheeseboxer

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
              lol cheeseboxer
              HAHAHA!

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

What are your power goals? There is a world of turbos to choose from out there. If you go the dsm route, the Evo III Big 16g is a great street turbo, and all of the dsm guys will swear by it as such.

Comment

holset hx30..

lol.. that is so not beginner advice is it? but damnit.. people need to steer away from 14bs and t25s...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

For sure good sir. THis man knows what he is talking about.

Kind of.

Comment

I think the OP is looking for a turbo kit...

There may not be turbo kits available for the H23 anymore... and if there are, they're designed for a Prelude. Some things will be different.

Kits are a bad idea, and you're spending your money to have someone else do the thinking for you (which is often a VERY bad idea...) If you can't list every part you need off the top of your head, you don't know enough to boost your car. Learn these things FIRST... and you'll be in a good starting place.

And Carlos... downsize the sig... AGAIN. You're doing this to me on purpose, I know it!

Comment

DSM all the way... if done CORRECTLY and not COMPLETELY cheap out, you can have a fun/safe car...

ps. tUUUnEEEE is y0ur frI3nd!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                        My Ride thread
                        Flickr
                        Originally posted by d112crzy
                        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                        All I gotta really say is:
                        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I wouldn't risk a DSM setup on a motor I paid a chunk of change for. F22A that's already in the car, maybe... H23A, I'd put some more money down for better stuff.

Comment

I wouldn't risk a DSM setup on a motor I paid a chunk of change for. F22A that's alr

thank you for the advice. i will definitely learn more before doing this. i have already done a swap to f20a now im going to the h23a after 2 years. so im just learning about the car as i go along. there always has to be a first time for everything.and i will be buying bits and pieces as i go along or just get an idea of what i want i need a cash goal. i work hard for my money and have 3 kids and a wife so this will take about 3 months to reach the capital
                            Last edited by lxinks; 08-20-2008, 09:52 AM.
                            h23a3 lxinks

Comment

3 months? Man... it'd take me a hell of a lot of focus and saving to afford a good turbo setup in 3 months!

Is your F20 still good? I would just boost that. The money that would be spent on the H23 could get you a mighty fine turbo.

Comment

Working...
                              X