Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ALternator repairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALternator repairing

does anyone know how to fix an alternator internal parts such as the diode an such??
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

there should be shops close to you, they will help you, i did it for my chevy s-10 and the guy i went and talked to was really cool.

sorry i cant be of more help that was a long time ago and i dont even remember what i did last week.,,,lol

Comment

i didn't do it myself but i had my alternator repaired and upgraded aka REWOUND to 120amps for $55 about 8 years ago and its still going strong. Charges the car at 14.9v
      90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
      DIY ram intake
      0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
      stock alt rewound to 120amps
      optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
      fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
      2004 Jeep Liberty v6
      2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

i just went and got a reman alt. it was quick and easy and has a warranty as long as i have the receipt!

the last alternator i opened up was on my 78 Malibu to replace the voltage regulator and brushes. alot of work
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

try this instead.it where i got mine..going strong

it from ebay. very good seller 130-AMP

link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...mZ360079978050

x
          Last edited by xfactortype1; 08-18-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

this is for replacing the brushes:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=55413

it may or may not be your problem, but you can tell if it is buy how much the brushes are worn. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

mine had worn brushes and the battery light started to flicker, after some time battery died I got new one's online for like $25 b/c rush shipping. I went to autozone and napa to ask for brushes and they look at me like I ask them for something that didn't exist
              Really easy to change them out. not sure if that answer your question!

Comment

brushes and the voltage regulator arn't that hard to replace, It would take about 20 min. tops once you have the alt. outside of the car. you basically have to remove a couple 8mm nuts on back, possibly a 6mm and then the back cover comes off. Then unplug a couple things, voltage regulator and brushes, and then replace w/ new ones.

I messed around w/ one in a JY and used my Haynes manual to take it apart. It told me exactly what nuts/screws needed to be removed.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
                  mine had worn brushes and the battery light started to flicker, after some time battery died I got new one's online for like $25 b/c rush shipping. I went to autozone and napa to ask for brushes and they look at me like I ask them for something that didn't exist
                  Really easy to change them out. not sure if that answer your question!
                  I'd be interested in knowing where you got the parts
                  "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                  ><((((º>

Comment

Working...
                  X