Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about NRG Engine Damper Kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about NRG Engine Damper Kit...

I have one that a friend gave me. Thats is suppose to fit Honda 92-02 Accord. But I don't have any instructions for them. Where would I mount them? Are they really worth the trouble of installing them? I searched online and all i can come up with is.... used to stabilizes engine movement under load. Increases engine responsiveness by reducing power loss to the drivetrain. Useful during hard launches by providing extra controllability since engine movements are dampened. Shifting and throttle response becomes smoother, useful for the weight transfer used in drift and time attacks. Also saves engine mounts.

Found my answer....

Lolz.. I continued searching and found pictures of the install. Thought I'd post it up if any one was interested. But my one question still not answered are they worth installing them? Any draw backs if any from installing them?

Comment

I've been wondering about these for a long time, but I haven't found any convincing evidence or testimony that they even work, or if they are any good.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

is it only installed on one side?

Comment

waste o money
          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
          newer race video,older race videos
          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            waste o money

Looks to be only on the one side. And it depends on your motor from the search I did. Its usually on the left driver side engine bay.

Comment

waste o money
              Not when you get it for free

Let us know how it works. I know my engine still flops around more than I'd like, even with my filled mounts (my shitty tranny mount setup might be the cause of that, though).

And thanks for providing the answer so clearly. That's what I like to see here! We might not have been able to help, but if anyone else ever has that question, you just answered it for them very clearly.

Comment

The less the engine rocks, the more power is initally transferred to the wheels. I know a lot of old school drag racers who have the engine mounted solidly to the frame. One guy has an entire 3/4" aluminum plate bolted to the fram and trapped between his water pump and block on a 60's Mopar.

Since it's not a hard mount, it's basically a little shock absorber, it shouldn't ride rough.

If it was me? I'd mount it up and use it. You've already got it.

Comment

waste o money
                  waste o post.

A torque damper is actually a pretty nice addition. I did a diy torque damper and being that my front mount is gone due to the turbo, I must say it helped me out a lot. Anything that can be done to reduce the amount the engine moves and vibrates is not a waste of money, especially when done for very little or for free.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

it bolts to the uca mounting point and causes that to flex, so now not olnly does the motor move but the alignment changes every time you get on/off the throttle
                    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                    newer race video,older race videos
                    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

it bolts to the uca mounting point and causes that to flex, so now not olnly does the motor move but the alignment changes every time you get on/off the throttle
                      That's at least a much more constructive post than your last... and I see your point. Of course, unless there's play in the UCA bolt in the first place, it shouldn't flex. Still, I agree that it isn't the best place for a mounting point.

Comment

I do alignments for a living and the body is very strong right there. Unless you have your holes opened up there for camber/caster correction (which isn't a proper way for correcting either) the stud off of the mount will not move. The body will also not flex there either. If the body did then the car would be like driving a cube of jello down the road. This is a good spot for mounting the damper in my personal opinion.

I saw one of these mounted to the front of the engine and the front crossmember before. I belive ESP's traction bars do this same setup with there front torque damper. But i'm not sure how much of a difference it would make with a set of there mounts. I ordered my set a week ago so i should have them soon and the traction bars are next weeks investment. I post up how it all goes and how it feels.
                        vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Sounds good to me....

Sounds convincing enough for me. I will install the engine Damper After I change all my motor mounts and test drive it for about a week or too. Then I'll add the engine damper to see if i notice any changes. I'll post up pics when I get it done in about a a week or two.

Comment

There are a couple of videos on the Weapon R website showing what the damper does. I had one on my 98 Accord...good stuff.

About 3/4 of the way down the page http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...d=15&chapter=0
                            VIP Status.

Comment

What if it was mounted in parallel with the front dogbone, sort of like what chessboxer did but keeping the front mount and adding this one. The engine sweep front to back, it makes more sense to have it there instead of off to the side where it only absorbs that side of the engine.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X