Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo w/ ac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo w/ ac

is it possible or better off without it?

It will be better without it. It is faster without it. You can keep it, if it is hot where you at. Like when I put turbo in mine I'm keeping it. It's hot in Florida.
    "The greatest loyalty in life is, above all, to thine own Self be true."

Facebook
    MySpace
    My Ride

Comment

oh yes it is possible to have a turbo setup with ac still running in the car... lots of people on this forum that have a turbo setup still have ac installed... its a personal preference...
      me personally, i took my ac out for my turbo setup to free up some room in my engine bay... because when u have to work on your turbo setup or whatever inside your engine bay, you want as much room as possible... it get annoying real quick when you have to cram your arms and fingers into tight areas to maintenance your vehicle...
      A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

ok its pretty humid here but i drove cars without ac for about two years so i can deal with it...if not ill just buy one with ac..

Comment

if u have a turbo .. just drive fast so you wont need a/c lol

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Removing the AC is good for a number of reasons. It weighs a good deal (the whole system), and it takes up a lot of room. The pulley is free spinning when it's not on, so there's no power loss unless you're actually RUNNING the AC.

Normal log style turbo manifolds plop the turbo in a spot where the AC gets in the way, so most people pull it. If you want to retain AC, you'll need a custom manifold to make the turbo stuff fit around it.

Also, the condenser in the front can cramp the space you'll want for an intercooler. There are options, of course, but removing it to fit a big fat FMIC is usually the best.

Comment

Its a personal thing. Depending on sizing of the turbo you can get away with AC. As I recall I had a friend running a big 16g still running AC. Anything huge you might want to remove the AC. It does free up a lot of room though. Usually depending on how the turbo is clocked taking the AC comp out will allow you to run the dp easier.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
              X