Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Supercharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharge

why is a supercharge cheap then a turbo with turbo kit?
    there was a supercharge for like 500 and the turbo kit cost like fuckn 1500
    why?
    Is a supercharge better then a regular turbo?
    i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Im not too sure exatly what you are asking but as for your last line "is a supercharge better than a regular turbo?" my answer is no. Superchargers are pulley driven and so have no lag as a big turbo would. However because superchargers are pulley driven, the car is ultimately robbed of power.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

so its not good for the car?
      its not worth the money?

Comment

^ What he said...not too sure what you are asking but

Originally posted by vinbon63 View Post
        Im not too sure exatly what you are asking but as for your last line "is a supercharge better than a regular turbo?" my answer is no. Superchargers are pulley driven and so have no lag as a big turbo would. However because superchargers are pulley driven, the car is ultimately robbed of power.

Superchargers aren't necessarily cheaper than a turbokit. For 500 dollars, you might be looking at the scamming Electric Charger fans that are put in between the intake and filter.

Depending on what engine you have...say for example a H22a. A jacksonracing supercharger kit can cost roughly 2900-3500ish depending on where u source it from.

Turbos can be cheap or not cheap. It depends if you buy a brand name kit or piece one together yourself. I've seen E-bay kits sell around 400-800 compete. It's not generally made for a specific car but more for the engine type. The main things you are getting from their kit is just the snail,manifold and wastegate and bov. The piping will do you know good unless it really is specific to your car because most come with universal U,L,I bend piping.. You can use a shit load of couplers to get it to work or better yet buy or get custom piping made for your vehicle so it will look and perform clean. You can also piece together a DSM kit for under $200-300 if you are lucky.

Powerwise, you can only go so far with a supercharger. To up boost, you have to change the pulleys. With a supercharger, depending on the condition of your engine, the max power output is almost predictable if you are running something like the jackson racing kit. So if you are only looking to make like 230-260HP to wheels on a stock n/a motor, then you would want something like a jacksonracing supercharger. With a turbo...all you do is crank up the boost and the HP variables are semi endless.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Well, give a little bit more details, is it for your cb? because I dont now of any superchargers that will work made specifically for our cars with out major modifications to the engine bay. Also give more specs on the s/c and the turbo, and exactly what your plans are.

Comment

Originally posted by f22a4boy View Post
            so its not good for the car?
            its not worth the money?
            Don't think anyone said it's not good for the car...of course if your engine is tired it's wise to get it built or re-built to take a better beating.

Show us the $500 supercharger u are talking about. Oh BTW, there is no supercharger for our CB7 platform unless you go custom or shoehorn a jackson racing h22a kit which only 1 person seemed to have accomplished.
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Forced induction is additional strain on ANY engine. Only high-revving naturally aspirated engines have more stress placed on them.

There are no bolt-on supercharger kits for our cars. There are no cheap supercharger kits ANYWHERE that I'm aware of.

Do you understand what a supercharger is? It's not the "Tornado" or "Turbonator" thing that says "supercharge any car!" in the ads... A supercharger is a belt driven device that compresses air (or, in the case of a basic roots blower, creates greater displacement with minimal compression.) www.google.com www.wikipedia.com and www.howstuffworks.com. Type in "supercharger" and learn. Type in "turbocharger" and learn more.

Comment

i cant find the website i found it from but it cost 500 its said something about the 1 psi
                but i was asking why it was that cheap because i always wanted one for my
                f22a4 engine thats was the only question

Comment

Ah yes... the e-ram. That's not really a supercharger, though I guess in the strictest definition of the concept it is.

However, if you have one of those, you don't REALLY have a supercharged engine. You have a car with an electric fan placed in your intake.

Search those sites and learn a thing or two about superchargers and turbochargers (a turbo is basically a supercharger that's exhaust driven, rather than mechanically driven)
                  You'll be glad you did.

Comment

is the e ram worth the money?

Comment

If it was, you'd see quite a few of them around here.

They claim 1psi. 1psi is roughly 10hp. That's not a terrible gain. However, IF it does that much, it's still a drain on your electrical system. Also, it provides a significant restriction in your intake. It's worthless.

Do some reasearch on the "DSM turbo kit"... there's a lot of info about it on this board. If you understand what you're doing, and you shop smart, you can make your own turbo kit for $500.

Comment

I'd say save the $500 and put it towards something else. If you dont already have them work towards and intake, header and exhaust. I think you still need to learn a bit more before you move over to forced induction, and an IHE setup should taper off your want for more power in the mean time.

Comment

do you have a turbo?

Comment

You need to lear a LOT more before you want to put any sort of forced induction on your car... it's quite complicated. Whatever you can't do yourself will cost you a LOT of money to have someone else do for you.

I do not have a turbo, no. I will, but not on my CB7.

I do have a supercharged car in my driveway, though. Also not the CB7. (3 cars, I'll have one of each)

Comment

Dont buy eram. If you want, I can take your $500 and tell you how to make something as worthless as the eram.

Buy a ram air intake, headers, and catback system. It'll give you roughly 10hp and it'll make your engine more efficient.
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X