Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anybody auto-x their Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody auto-x their Accord?

I am more interested in auto-xing my accord. As it sits it is completely stock. I have a 93 ex coupe/5 speed with 244k miles.

This is my first honda, and I have never owned a car with as many miles that runs as well as it does. The stock handling feels neutral too. Unfortunately the PO did not sell the car with the original special rims that I've seen on other coupes of the same year.

Things I might consider getting the car ready:

Front and rear strut towers
    K&N filter
    I need two new front tires-I have the 14 inch steel wheels.

Otherwise I would run stock.

So, who else auto-xs your accord?

i'd put some full coilovers on it too....

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by 93excoupe View Post

So, who else auto-xs your accord?
      Gary (The G-man) does.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

At 244k miles, should I be concerned about the longevity of the motor? Overall this isn't based on the idea of auto-xing, but because it is my primary transportation.

Comment

Full coilovers would be very fun though. Time to start saving my pennies....

Comment

Haven't you heard? Honda motors last forever

Comment

are you leaking anything right now?

Comment

No, not leaking a thing. I want to do a compression check soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by 93excoupe View Post
                  Front and rear strut towers
                  What do you mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    What do you mean by that?
                    Probably means strut bars.

I wouldn't run my accord stock. Get some sway bars, strut bars, and coilovers.
                    Your car will be pretty stiff and neutral in the turns, but with stock tires you'll be all over the place.

Comment

Tires. Good tires are probably the most important thing.

Comment

Coil overs, good axles, Strut tower bars. Bushing kit... Short shifter (for quicker shifting on turns) Preferably A6 motor. Make sure everything is in tip top condition, i would hate to see a rustbucket nail a couple pylons and killing someone because its not up to par.
                        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Short shifters tend to make shifting notchy... That's my experience, anyway. I put mine back to stock because I was having a hard time getting into 3rd on a regular basis.

Comment

If you want to auto x and actually do good your list of parts will have to be greatly enlarged.

You would need to upgrade the following on an accord to make some good times:

Rear sway bar
                            Poly bushing kit
                            Coilover with damping adjustment
                            Strut bars
                            GREAT tires
                            A little more engine power
                            And if you want to get really serious
                            LSD
                            Rollcage

Not to mention the usaull weight reduction and good skills

Comment

you guys are all wrong, keep the vehicle stock and race in the stock class. there are some minimal mods you can do in the stock class but the thing to focus on is getting to know the vehicle, track and how you can set the vehicle up for it.

most important is setup, get your tire pressures dialed in.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X