Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thinking about getting a P12 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting a P12 ECU

I have a few questions before I decide to go junkyard shopping.

1) How do I tell what ECU is currently in my car? Car was bought about 4 years ago and it was sitting in my garage. Not sure if the previous owner ever changed the ECU.
    2) Is the ECU transmission specific? (MT ECU will only work for MT? ect.)
    3) What are the benefits over the P06?
    4) Are there any after market parts to finely tune the ECU or are there any better ECU's then the P12 that will work with a F22A4, for that matter?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

ecu controls the engine not the tranny

all you have in a manual is a ecu

in a auto you have a ecu an a tcu

p12s work with f22a4s i have one

an i saw pretty good gains on the bottom end
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I'm in no way a professional when it comes to this, but I'll offer what I know from what I've read.

The f22a1 and f22a4 motors have a pt3 ecu, and I believe the f22a6 has a p06 ecu. If you were to take it out, there is a sticker on the side that'll have some numbers and letters.

The p12 ecu will give you roughly 10 to 15 extra ponies...

Again, this is all from what I've read.

And as far as the manual or auto tranny ecu, they're the same, you have a separate tcu for the trans.

Hope this helps out, good luck!

Comment

there is a whole thread about the p12 just search buddy
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

p12 comes in the 92-95 S preludes. (f22a1). For some reason, the Ecu in their f22a1, has 10 more extra horses than the Ecu inour f22a1. It'll put gains on an a1 and a4. Only difference in the a1 and a4 is the header.
          98' Mustang 3V Swap
          11' VW CC R36

Comment

Oh, and most people use a p06 for Turbo setups, since they're programmable.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
              p12 comes in the 92-95 S preludes. (f22a1). For some reason, the Ecu in their f22a1, has 10 more extra horses than the Ecu inour f22a1. It'll put gains on an a1 and a4. Only difference in the a1 and a4 is the header.

an the hp lol, it advances the timing an runs the car a lil rich
              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7 View Post
                my a4 is auto.i can still run a p12 correct?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I believe so, you have a tcm for your trans, the ecu just controls the engine side

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                    my a4 is auto.i can still run a p12 correct?
                    yep thats my setup f22a4 with p12 an i FUCKING LOVE IT
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Yea, the f22a1 and a4 run from the same Ecu, so p12 will work fine. Now, the f22a6 Has the pt6 Ecu, for the dual runners that comes with the intake manifold, and has no governor. (top speed). SO, you're okay.
                      98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

i thought the p06 was out of a Civic?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                          i thought the p06 was out of a Civic?
                          You are right! P06 is from Civic.
                          I have extra 92 Accord EX (F22A6) ECU laying around my room.
                          Part #: 37820-PT6-A51 333-526280
                          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

P06 is from a Civic. It is not programmable. It has to be modified in order to be so. It is also absolutely USELESS to us unless it is modified and properly tuned. All of the people that have posted in this thread, with their current knowledge, have no use for a P06 unless they know someone who can modify and tune it for them.

The PT6 goes with the F22A6, and is tuned to work best with the F22A6 parts (camshaft, intake manifold, exhaust manifold... those are the main 3, though there are other differences).

The PT3 is the A1/A4 Accord ECU, as mentioned. It is the same for both engines, or, at least not different enough to matter, if there is any difference.

It's not common for a non-tuner owner to swap out ECUs. Honestly, if they weren't a member here, they probably wouldn't have even known that the P12 could offer a gain. Our ECUs rarely fail, and there's very little reason for anyone to ever remove them... other than tuners looking for an upgrade.

Comment

Why are these threads always so confusing?

The P12 mod has been covered many times, But yet when someone ask they get mis informantion and tid bits.

Comment

Working...
                              X