Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 Boosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Boosting

I currently have an F22a1 and i want to look into rebuilding it soon, but i want to replace all the internals, from the crank, cams, valves, everything. does anyone have a boosted f22 with aftermarket internals and can tell me what brands and what parts i should use and where to get them. i am looking into starting this build within a year or so so i want to do my homework.

I've seen people talk about boosting F22's, but I don't know of anyone that's actually done it.

You won't be able to post to any of the threads until you hit 30 posts and can leave the beginner boards, but here's a link to the Forced Induction (a.k.a. turbo and the like) board: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Comment

There's plenty of boosted f22's out there. Some people use DSM parts like the 14b or 16g turbo off Mitsubishi.

Also there's a DSM turbo manifold that can be fitted in the f22 motor.

And you don't need 30 posts to read around and learn more about boosting it, just look through the topics and you'll see the different setups some of the members have here and also dyno sheets to tell you what you can get out of these motors.
      1993 Accord EX
      2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
        There's plenty of boosted f22's out there. Some people use DSM parts like the 14b or 16g turbo off Mitsubishi.

Also there's a DSM turbo manifold that can be fitted in the f22 motor.
        DSM?

Edit: Google ftw, www.dsm.org helped

And you don't need 30 posts to read around and learn more about boosting it, just look through the topics and you'll see the different setups some of the members have here and also dyno sheets to tell you what you can get out of these motors.
        You need 30 posts to respond to the threads. I wouldn't have posted a link if he couldn't read them
        Last edited by Ceil; 07-24-2008, 06:59 PM.

Comment

DSM I believe stands for Diamond Star Motors hopefully someone can confirm this, but they came in 1st and 2nd gen eclipses and Plymouth Lasers. The Turbo manifold needs to be re-drilled to fit the f22 motor.

Some members here are running the whole stock DSM kit and they work fine though the 14b turbo is very small and creates more heat than the bigger 16g turbo.

EDIT: There you go. A little searching goes a long way.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

so your sayin you can slap on a complete turbo setup off a eclipse. just drill the manifold and im sure some other tubing mods? PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by LowNknoxville View Post
              so your sayin you can slap on a complete turbo setup off a eclipse. just drill the manifold and im sure some other tubing mods? PEACE
              Yea you're gonna need intercooler piping, a downpipe, you can use DMS injectors, the oil line has to be tapped to the oil pan, some members relocate the battery and run the side-mounted intercooler and others put a bigger front intercooler and the bumper and support must be hacked to do this.

EDIT: Also don't forget a tuned ECU or all those parts are just going to blow your engine. Tuning is key in all turbo setups, you don't want to be racing an rx-7 and have your computer saying "Danger to the manifold" and then your passenger floor panels come off lol.
              Last edited by PUMASTi; 07-25-2008, 09:56 AM.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                Yea you're gonna need intercooler piping, a downpipe, you can use DMS injectors, the oil line has to be tapped to the oil pan, some members relocate the battery and run the side-mounted intercooler and others put a bigger front intercooler and the bumper and support must be hacked to do this.

EDIT: Also don't forget a tuned ECU or all those parts are just going to blow your engine. Tuning is key in all turbo setups, you don't want to be racing an rx-7 and have your computer saying "Danger to the manifold" and then your passenger floor panels come off lol.
                lol at the fast and furious scene drop

A lot of times I find that member's do not upgrade their fuel pump. I guess it's not necessary unless your pushing some serious power

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I guess not with the DSM setup. Don't take me as a boosting professional I'm just going by some of the stuff I've read and from that I have seen that that is the easiest one.
                  1993 Accord EX
                  2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Upgrading the fuel system is always a good idea. Many people that do the DSM turbo setup don't, and they're fine... but with a turbo especially, if you run lean, you run into major problems. You ALWAYS want to have enough fuel when boosting! If that pump cuts off while you're pushing 10psi, expect to do some damage.

The DSM setup isn't the direction you want to go if you're looking to replace internals, though. If you want to go beefy, then you want to put money into good stuff.

You might want to contact Bisimoto (www.bisimoto.com). They deal mainly with NA applications, but can provide quality components for a built turbo motor as well. Bisi is a member of this site, and very well respected. He understands what it means to be a backyard tuner, as he started there himself. His prices are fair, and he'd never sell you something you didn't need.

As tonymontana1204 mentioned above, you'll need to get the car tuned. Either with a modified Honda ECU, or a standalone system. Do some research and figure out what you need, what you can afford, and who can tune it for you (that's a big one... getting a fancy standalone is useless if you don't have someone that knows how to work it!) DO NOT even think about boosting without a tune! Especially if you build the motor. You don't want to blow your new motor apart!

Comment

its not really that simple to boost a car there is lots to think about. you need all the parts for the turbo ie.
                      -turbo,oil lines, and manifold (dsm or not i have a t3 t4 and a none dsm manifold )
                      -wastgate (if turbo dosent have an internal one)
                      -down pipe (hahaha thats all i have in a down pipe i love kentucky )
                      -fuel injectors (dsm work thats what i have i cant run more the 12 psi or i hit my fuel limits because i only have 450cc, so u need to think about how much boost u want to run for the size of ur injectors. i say atleast 440cc if u r going boosted)
                      -intercooler and pipeing ( i didnt have to cut my front suport to put my front mounted intercooler)
                      -ecu ( this is very important the car needs to be dyno or street tuned aswell. a good tune gose a long way!!! i have been running 12 psi for 6 mounths on a stock engien and it is still going strong.)

it is lots of hard work but its worth it.

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                      96 lexus sc300 DD
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

you'll have to bullet proof your bottom end.

crank : stock
                        rods: id go witht he H-beam ebay specials, they are essentially eagle rods
                        piston: any dished forged piston, the key here is to get the right clearance
                        sleeves: id sleeve the block if shooting for over 250 hp.

for the head, it's all int he cam and port work. get the right valve springs to match your cam and it will be up to the tuner.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Over 250whp, yeah... you'll want to build the bottom end. 250whp or less, the stock motor should hold it if it's healthy.

And 12psi is the safe limit for the 450cc DSM injectors? I never knew the limits of those... Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            And 12psi is the safe limit for the 450cc DSM injectors? I never knew the limits of those... Interesting.
                            yeah i hit like 13 or 14 psi it sutterd really bad so i try not to do that but it happens every once in a while cuz my wastegate sucks

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                            96 lexus sc300 DD
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

The wastegate is quite possibly the most important part of the system. If that fails and you're not paying attention to the boost gauge... goodbye motor!

Comment

Working...
                              X