Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vacuum cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum cleaner?

So i started my car up yesterday, and while it was idling there was a noise coming from under the hood that sounded like a vacuum cleaner. it was very loud and i could hear it clearly over the noise of the engine. the fans were off so i know it wasn't that. there's no problems with it she's running fine, i was just curious as to why my car sounded like a hoover vacuum

Does the car have a short ram or cold air intake. They can whistle sometimes.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

it does have a short ram that i just put on... maybe thats wat it was....

Comment

my brothers car did that when we put his short ram on but thats cuz we used a 5th gen kit and they dont have the vaccum hose on top so we blocked the hose off. after it was unblocked it was fine again and sounded jus like mine

Comment

Yea its the short ram. You hear it a lot when you press on the gas. I think it sounds nice.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

yea i know the roar your talkin about with the gas. it's like a deep v6 sounding noise... but this was more high pitched, almost exactly like a vacuum. and now that i think about it, i was able to use 2 of my vacuum lines but i had to block off one that went to this wierd little vacuum box on the fender. it looked like it went to the stock air system so i ditched it....

Comment

Working...
            X