Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

N/a Hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N/a Hp

i read this thread but did all of you had the same results??
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=96024

how much HP have you squeezed out of you F22xx via N/A? Money Into it?
    I/H/E and so on.......

Pulling out the basic I/H/E won't give you enough gain.
    Full N/A build is where it's at. Bisimito has over 350+ hp on his F22A

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I honestly don't believe in really 'building" the f22xx for NA There are some who still just want to keep it and get a little more hp which is obviously fine but knowing where I've been and want to go I don't feel as though it is worth it.

I also suggest checking a thread on www.gen5alive for a similar comparo in regards to a "built" F22. Reason I say this is because TSM_PIkachu the site admin, as well as store creator is working directly with Bisimoto to do the build and is intentionally keeping it so that the average person would be able to do the modifications as well as have a direct comparison to go by from stock. It is a work in progress but interesting never theless and will give you something else to look at for benchmarks to reach.

Personally the money spent on that list would be better spent somewhere else but again, not everyone is shooting for the same goals and may not have the funds to do what they really want right away.

Either way good luck with what you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
        i think it's near 400 hp now..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
          is anyone in here getting 160-250hp via N/A??

Comment

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
            is anyone in here getting 160-250hp via N/A??
            its easy to get there. if you have the money. personally i wouldnt buy any of Bisi parts. not that they arent good. but im going to spend $400+ a header and crap like that. thats too high. i think he needs to build parts for the average tuner and not just people who want to dump thousands of dollars into their car.

thats why im not buying brand name stuff. people up here would spend $500+ on a freakin cat-back exhaust. i can go 5min down the street and get the same quality exhaust at the local exhaust shop for $100 with my own muffler.

if you just get the normall I/H/E, an H23 IM, a tune up, maybe even a bored TB and port matched upper plenum, and a 50hp shot of the gas, you'll in the 200hp range (with out the nitrous, maybe like 150-160hp, 145-150whp).

Comment

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
              i read this thread but did all of you had the same results??
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=96024
              $2722.48 and only 152 WHP/127 WTQ??
              Your much better off saving for a engine swap if your looking to gain power.

For 2722.00 you could buy a H22 w/ tranny and have it installed by a shop.
              Or install it your self and still have some money left over.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey_Fox View Post

either that or boost the f22a you have and still have money left over for a tune and more performance parts

theres a guy up here who has a delta regrind, H23 IM and TB, i THINK a chipped p06, I/H/E and he's pushing 150whp. so theres always other ways of making that kind of power with the F. you just have to look around a research. now HondaFan81 did that and if he wanted to, can boost if and be pushing alot of HP for an F22a and wont have to worry about the motor taking a vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  either that or boost the f22a you have and still have money left over for a tune and more performance parts
                  Oh yea, that too.

Turbo or Engine Swap FTW!

Comment

^^^ i like your Sig

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by Grey_Fox View Post

IF you read through his thread you will see what he was trying to prove. And all this runs on the cheapest gas vs an H22a running premium all the time.

2722 wont get a shop to do it for you they charge a bit more. From what I see they yrange from 3500-4000 per swap. It also depends on what you need to replace. I spend about 3500 ish on my swap by replacing most of my engine parts with OEM seals etc etc...Factory engine mounts rape you at 700 for all 4.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                        IF you read through his thread you will see what he was trying to prove. And all this runs on the cheapest gas vs an H22a running premium all the time.
                        Like I said, if your looking for more N/A power, do a swap.
                        Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                        2722 wont get a shop to do it for you they charge a bit more. From what I see they yrange from 3500-4000 per swap. It also depends on what you need to replace. I spend about 3500 ish on my swap by replacing most of my engine parts with OEM seals etc etc...Factory engine mounts rape you at 700 for all 4.
                        Yes it will.
                        Buy a engine and tranny from http://www.osakajdmmotors.com or http://www.hmotorsonline.com/ or buy from another local.

3500-4000?? HOLY SHIT!
                        I have a local shop that will do the swap for ~750.

Or I can do the swap a couple of friends, if I were so inclined.

Comment

I did mine with a friend and most of my cost was extra parts and miscellaneous wrong items. I prefer to make my engine almost brand new before putting it in the car rather than spending the money later to replace a hard to reach seal for no reason.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so if wanted to get some serious HP my best options are to boost f22 or swap h22?? f22 easier to replace, h22 expensive to get and mount in. give me your opinions
                            Last edited by Chicano2005; 07-24-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

H22 is direct drop in...unless your doing some sort of auto-manual swap other than that its straightforward.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X