Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oh too sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh too sensor

hey guys, I replaced my exhaust manifold (a6) with an ebay header and down pipe.

I was getting pretty damn good mileage before I put on the new header, and when I took out the down pipe, I was preparing to struggle getting off the o2 sensor...but I noticed it was crooked.

I literally pulled it out of the exhaust bung without any force. The threads on the o2 sensor are fine because it threaded into the new downpipe easy peasy.

My question is this:

Since it was literally floating inside the bung, it could not have been air tight, and there for oxygen must have gotten in there, making the computer read a lean mixture, thus dumping in more fuel.

But my mileage was great (27 city, 34 highway), so does that mean my mileage will increase even more now that the computer will be reading the correct ratio?

^^click it or ticket^^

It very well could. Your thinking seems realistic and probable. The only way to really find out is to reset your trip odometer next time you fill up and see how many miles you get off that tank!

Comment

Agreed, you may also want to reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a few then reconnecting. That'll allow it to relearn fuel trims and so on. You probably SHOULD have done that when you did the exhaust manifold even if it isn't necassarily a direct electrical type replacement.

Comment

Or remove the "back-up" fuse from the underhood fuse box

Comment

ahh didn't think of that. I replcaed everything from the header back to the muffler, so I don't know if my gain in mpg would be caused by the less restricting exhaust, or the correct ratio. Either way. I'll take the fuse out on lunch break today and let you guys know in a week or so

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Working...
          X