Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

reccomended internals for 300 hp turbo f22a4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reccomended internals for 300 hp turbo f22a4

I have allredy got my head ready with upgraded valve springs, a turbo cam from bisimoto, I did the port and polish, milled it, I got a 1g dsm mani, and a 16 g turbo,the 450 injectors,walboro fuel pump. got intercooler and piping,bov,extrnal wastegate, need idea on ems and best internals for block, do I need to resleeve my ductile iron?rods and pistons, block guard? I have a n/a setup right now, need more power, any help greatly appreciated

ps. dont wanna hear one thing on a crappy h22, only f22

anybody?

anybody running any turbo setup on here that could tell me a good setup of internals for my application?

Comment

get forged internals, thats about it. arp headstuds and rod bolts.
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I know some brands are better for some things, any ideas? also ems?,will my sleeves hold more then 15 psi?

Comment

sleeves will be fine. they've held 400whp before. no one likes to push stock sleeves. they will be fine though. read up on some other peoples builds. find out what they are using
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

thanks for the sleeve info, but I'd rather not chance it, I'm trying to build a solid motor I can beat up but also daily drive.I have an s200 hondata for ems right now, can I buy a program to use s200 for boost, and if so would it be cheaper then just buying a whole new ems?

Comment

buy an H

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                buy an H
                Yeah, after he put all that work into the F22A head, which flows BETTER when modified than an H22 head... Are you just TRYING to look like an idiot?

As for the parts, you normally get what you pay for when it comes to internals. Don't cheap out. You don't need the best stuff, but get quality.

Also, why did you mill the head for turbo? You generally want to LOWER compression for turbo. Milling raises it, not to mention the fact that it changes valve timing. It's not exactly a great thing to do. The main point of milling is to correct a warped head. Now, if you warp the head, it'll be garbage. You can only shave off so much material before it's junk.

Comment

darton sleeves and when the machinist hones the cylinder to your forged piston, MAKE SURE!!!! he puts enough clearance.

a DSM manifold may restrict you, id opt for a ramhorn type of manifold with a larger turbo. larger turbo = less potential heat and heat is what casues potential damage.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Very true. Though you CAN run the Evo Big 16g on a DSM mani (obviously)... that's a decently sized turbo. Still, bigger is always better, as long as it suits your needs. Small turbos create heat, heat creates scrap metal out of motors.

Comment

use aftermarket gsr rod bolts and eagle b20A(Shitty one) Rods and what ever forged pistons.

Comment

I am a machinist so I will do all the work myself, the head was milled cuz the car was built for n/a I over nossed it and it needed it I also got a 5 angle valve grind job, upgraded valve springs, the works. the head is ready as it will ever be. So I should get darton sleeves? I was thinking that myself thanks. my dsm mani is an evo which I ported for maximum flow, so I see there being no way it'll restrict me, I have the big 16g also so I figure it'll suit my application nicely. eagle b20 rods? why b20's? I was gonna go forged for pistons, any body have a similar setup running for a while who can suggest a set? thanks everybody

Comment

Originally posted by g22accordman View Post
                          I am a machinist so I will do all the work myself, the head was milled cuz the car was built for n/a I over nossed it and it needed it I also got a 5 angle valve grind job, upgraded valve springs, the works. the head is ready as it will ever be. So I should get darton sleeves? I was thinking that myself thanks. my dsm mani is an evo which I ported for maximum flow, so I see there being no way it'll restrict me, I have the big 16g also so I figure it'll suit my application nicely. eagle b20 rods? why b20's? I was gonna go forged for pistons, any body have a similar setup running for a while who can suggest a set? thanks everybody
                          the one i got off ebay are pretty much eagles, just made by CAT. it is all amde in china but h-beam style. if you have access to a rod honing machine, you'll need to make the housing bore larger. i forgot the exact amount but from the factory, you'll get zero clearance.

another thing, if you line hone it, mill the block and not the caps. those dowel pins in the caps are a bitch. ar you running bronze guides?
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

yes I am running bronze valve guides, I got them off f22parts.com, I had a friend vouch for them. I'm hoping there not garbage. how much were the rods? I've heard of cat though, I've put a set in for a dc2. they looked solid.I have access to a rod honing machine so that shouldnt be to bad. get back

Comment

Originally posted by g22accordman View Post
                              yes I am running bronze valve guides, I got them off f22parts.com, I had a friend vouch for them. I'm hoping there not garbage. how much were the rods? I've heard of cat though, I've put a set in for a dc2. they looked solid.I have access to a rod honing machine so that shouldnt be to bad. get back
                              i got mine for 275 shipped at the time, i believe they are down to 225 shipped and i believe they fixed the housing bore size issue. i wouldnt bother using stock rods, the h beams are bigger and still lighter than stock.

dont buy any more parts off f22parts.com they are a bunch of rip offs. our shop is setup with EPWI but they mainly serve west coast. f22parts = 120 for guides, EPW = 80 bucks. the cheaper bronze guides are like down to 2.75 a pop.

id find a virgin f22 head that hasnt been milled so you can keep that c/r down. they're a dime a dozen.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X