Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

which tire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which tire?

ok.i have 17's i got a lil while ago that are 17x7.what size tires would you get for em? if it matters i'm dropped about 2 1/2 in the front 2 in the rear.also is anyone on 17's rolling s drives?how are they for you?

spoonsportsaddict

205 40/45
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      205 40/45
      y not 215's?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

def 215/35 or 40

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I got 215 40's wanted 45's but it would rub.

Comment

If your wheel is only 205mm wide, 215's wouldn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
              Eh?

7 inches = 177mm

205 mm = 8 inches
              215 mm = 8.4 inches

and yes 215's will fit on 17x7's

Comment

How does that make sense? Does it measure by the widest point in the sidewall, or can you just squeeze larger sizes onto a smaller-width rim?

Comment

How does that make sense? Does it measure by the widest point in the sidewall, or can you just squeeze larger sizes onto a smaller-width rim?
                  I dont know how it works, but it is possible. I have 17x7's and I have 215's.

I used to have 17x8's and I had put 225's on there.

Comment

i got 205/ 40s on my 16 by 6.5. i wish i would of went wider you should be able to get a 225 on there.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

Go to a tire shop and talk with them. Depending on the offset of the rim to wide a tire could rub causing the tire to blow out. The guys at the tire shop should be able to help figure it out. Put the widest tires on that dont rub.

Comment

They will fit.

I've had 225mm on a 7" tire before.
                        If you look at a fresh pair of tires you'll notice that the part of the tire that sites inside the rim is smaller than the actual tread.
                        Look at where the red arrow is pointing. Look at how the tire caves in.

Now look at a similar tire mounted.

Last edited by Grey_Fox; 07-17-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey_Fox View Post
                          They will fit.

I've had 225mm on a 7" tire before.

If you look at a fresh pair of tires you'll notice that the part of the tire that sites inside the rim is smaller than the actual tread.
                          Look at where the red arrow is pointing. Look at how the tire caves in.

Now look at a similar tire mounted.

Well why aren't tires mentioned by their rim width? I'd say that's a pretty important thing to specify...

Thanks for the clarification, though.

Comment

Well why aren't tires mentioned by their rim width? I'd say that's a pretty important thing to specify...
                            This would take a little researching on the buyer's part.
                            Just check on the manufacturer's website to see what rim widths the tire will fit.
                            Example:
                            http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/sp...20NEOVA%20AD07

Comment

Originally posted by Grey_Fox View Post
                              This would take a little researching on the buyer's part.
                              Just check on the manufacturer's website to see what rim widths the tire will fit.
                              Example:
                              http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/sp...20NEOVA%20AD07

X2 pretty simple answer really.

Alot of people dont realise that the profile of a tyre is an aspect ratio of the diameter and width of the tyre.
                              A 215/40/17 tyre will have a different sidewall height to a 205/40/17 tyre.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X