Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

strut tower bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut tower bolts

does anyone know whats the size and thread size of the strut tower bolts?
    I want to replace them and maybe I could find them at my job (Home Depot). If not besides the junker where is a good place to find some of these , I really want new ones . thanks guys any help is appreciated!

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

They are 14mm bolts but I forget the pitch. Maybe fine...not too sure.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

thanks so these regular ones from my job (home depot) should do right. no special type of metal! thanks alot going to take some home and try it today!

Comment

They are not 14mm studs, but you do need a 14mm socket to remove the nuts, two different things.

They are 10mm x 1.25mm more than likely. I would say just get the top mount plate listed below and while there replace the upper shock mount bushings, they tend to go wear on our higher mileage Accords.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SHOCK+ABSORBER
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

take the nut to autozone and theyll fit it for you. they cost like 2 bux for 6 correct me if im wrong

RIP to my SexyAuto

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            They are not 14mm studs, but you do need a 14mm socket to remove the nuts, two different things.

They are 10mm x 1.25mm more than likely. I would say just get the top mount plate listed below and while there replace the upper shock mount bushings, they tend to go wear on our higher mileage Accords.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...SHOCK+ABSORBER
            Whoops thats what I meant. I suggest you bring one of your to hoem deopt and find the right one.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

thanks for the help guys 10mm x 1.25 was correct and I got ym strut bars on there hahah . thanks for the input guys, now i gotta figure out whats wrong with my short ram! Theres the actually short ram connected to the intake manifold but its missing some other tubes and hoses. Anyone have any close up pics of this area with a short ram connected! My engine is making this weird whistling noise when i cut the ignition!

Comment

That noise is normal.
                wat?

Comment

thanks, thats noise weirded me out. friend shut off my ignition and i heard that and was like WTH? then again I have never been under my hood when the ignition was shut off haha! Yeah those 2 little hoses are definitely not there though. One goes by the valve cover and one to the intake manifold. Total newb question but what purpose does this serve? thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by newyorkcb7ss View Post
                    thanks, thats noise weirded me out. friend shut off my ignition and i heard that and was like WTH? then again I have never been under my hood when the ignition was shut off haha! Yeah those 2 little hoses are definitely not there though. One goes by the valve cover and one to the intake manifold. Total newb question but what purpose does this serve? thanks again!
                    They are vacuum hoses

Comment

You'll find a lotta fasteners on a honda are the same size, real nice of honda to do that.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It would be best to use automotive grade fasteners, and not Home Depot "build your deck with this stuff" nuts. Most autoparts stores will have what you need, and every one around here have a sizer available... you can take a nut in with you and see exactly what size it is on there. Speaking of which, I still need 2 more for my rears... I never did get a second set to lock the first set on...

Comment

Working...
                        X