Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

should I buy a VTEC from Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I buy a VTEC from Japan?

ok guys, i have a 92 accord EX and it has 250,000 miles on it. it still runs like a champ but I just put $575.00 into the A/C. I gotta replace the motor mounts, timing belt, water pump, front seal, buy a short ram, header, and replace the entire exhaust system. I read today that the ring on the crank that connects the piston rods goes bad on these around 250k too so that would require hella work. I recently had a Lexus SC400 and a BMW 5 series but I sold them to avoid the payments and high ass gas prices but this Accord needs hella work to get it to a nice performing car. My question is......where is the best place to buy a VTEC from Japan? I will need the engine, tranny and computer. I have seen some stuff on line but I don't know if the product will be in good shape by the time it makes it to Vegas from Japan. I'm not Donald Trump but I don't mind paying a little more for high quality if you know what I mean. I just want to hurry up and finish these upgrades so I can have a great car and chill but if I sink alot of money into fixing up the stock engine and the bottom half craps out on me, then I will have wasted ALOT of dough that I could have put toward buying a low mileage VTEC from Japan. Thanks....sorry about rambling!

Go With The Motor From Japan......it Has 200 Hp While The Us Have 190hp Just Make Sure It Clearly States That It Has Been Given Compression Test And Is 100% In Workin Condition

Comment

It isnt Vtec its a motor search around the site, manny motors can go in H22, F20, etc.
      Love Built Inc.

Comment

sites?

can anyone provide me with a coupla good sites to go to for the engines? I am assuming I would need to find out about shipping to Long Beach and then from LBC to Vegas.

Comment

www.hmotorsonline.com is a good site. They're really reliable and don't try to pull a scam on you. A lot of members here recommend them.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

There are lots of places. Look around and see what you want to spend your money on. If you want a engine with transmission or if you want just the long block that helps with costs. Personally I've found a seller on Ebay who also has a web sight for imported engines. I got the F22B non Vtec with tranny for under 1000. of course my tranny needed a complete rebuild (cough *1500* COUGH!).

but here you go.

http://www.japaneseengineimport.com/engines/honda/

one I like is:
            http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_en...6B_CivicType_R

WHA!!! MORE SITES who-E!
            http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/engines/honda/

(P.S-That last site you can find engines with LSD transmissions for just a bit more)
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

When I said site I ment this one hmotorsonline.com is where I got my motor great service, price and warranty.

This is what I ment swap section:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423
              Love Built Inc.

Comment

Well here's something to think about, If you buy another engine, you're still gonna have to replace the motor mounts, I would recommend replacing the timing belts and water pump, the seal is $5 and is replaced at the same time as the timing belt. The same exhaust bolts up, except the header. Read tho the swaps forum, alot of good info there.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I totally get what your saying but what about the crank issue? I'm gonna be out the cost of getting all the work done. Right now I live in a guard gated condo and the homeowners assoc. is hard on anyone working on cars on site much less major motor tweaks plus it's 112 degrees here right now so I can't do any of the labor which means I gotta shell out the dough to get it done either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    www.hmotorsonline.com is a good site. They're really reliable and don't try to pull a scam on you. A lot of members here recommend them.
                    That's the ONLY site I would trust completely.

As for the crank issue, I have no idea what you're talking about. The ring that connects the crank to the rods? Are you talking about the rod bearings?

Comment

yes, thats it. sorry. my terminology is wack!

Comment

There are no chronic problems with the rod bearings. They can fail, but usually only do so due to neglect or abuse.

Comment

cool. I got it! I am gonna take the weekend and think about it sum more! Thanks to all. I am hella glad that I found this site. U cats are the best. Thanks for putting up with all my newbie questions.

Comment

Working...
                          X