Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MSD ignition, yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSD ignition, yes or no?

Ok a while back I was able to pick up a MSD Digital 6 for dirt cheap thinking that this would be a good performance upgrade to do, BUT I am now seriously rethinking the need for it.

Basically I'm wanting to squeeze a bit more power out of the car and was thinking that the money could be better spent on something that would actually give me some gains.

So my question is, should I go through with installing the Digital 6, external coil, etc.? OR should I just turn around and sell the stuff and put the money towards something else?
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
    Ok a while back I was able to pick up a MSD Digital 6 for dirt cheap thinking that this would be a good performance upgrade to do, BUT I am now seriously rethinking the need for it.

Basically I'm wanting to squeeze a bit more power out of the car and was thinking that the money could be better spent on something that would actually give me some gains.

So my question is, should I go through with installing the Digital 6, external coil, etc.? OR should I just turn around and sell the stuff and put the money towards something else?
    I dont see where it could hurt since you already have it but thats my opinion

Comment

if u plan on SERIOUSLY building your engine, then keep it. SERIOUS meaning high compression N/A or lots of boost. and even up to a couple hundred horses, i think most ppl will agree that the Honda's OEM ignition system is pretty much up 2 par. i personally think ur worrying about how many years down the line you will actually NEED it, and ur mayb thinking about selling it in the meantime 2 buy something else u think u need. but as far as right now is concerned, whether or not you keep it, u should have been worrying about plugs and wires first...or have u already?

Comment

Sell it, stick with your stock system as it will me sufficient for what you seem to be planning. Money can be spent elsewhere for a better bang for the buck, do more research before you buy. Stock ignition system is a good system, nothing cheap about it.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by trouty View Post
          if u plan on SERIOUSLY building your engine, then keep it. SERIOUS meaning high compression N/A or lots of boost. and even up to a couple hundred horses, i think most ppl will agree that the Honda's OEM ignition system is pretty much up 2 par. i personally think ur worrying about how many years down the line you will actually NEED it, and ur mayb thinking about selling it in the meantime 2 buy something else u think u need. but as far as right now is concerned, whether or not you keep it, u should have been worrying about plugs and wires first...or have u already?
          Good plugs and wires already acquired, I stay on top of my maintenance. And I know the stock system is more then adequate up to several hundred horses, so even if I decide to go high compression N/A or turbo I'm confident it could keep up no problem. I just wanted to get everyones take on MSD ignition and whether it's worth the hassle to install it.

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          Sell it, stick with your stock system as it will me sufficient for what you seem to be planning. Money can be spent elsewhere for a better bang for the buck, do more research before you buy. Stock ignition system is a good system, nothing cheap about it.
          I bought the Digital 6 because it was such a steal, if I turn around and sell it for $250 I'd be well ahead of the game. Even at the time I bought it I wasn't sure I would even bother installing it. I'm sure most people know how that is...

Thanks for the help guys, I think I will sell it. This will give me some needed $$$ to play with.

Comment

Good plugs and wires already acquired, I stay on top of my maintenance. And I know the stock system is more then adequate up to several hundred horses, so even if I decide to go high compression N/A or turbo I'm confident it could keep up no problem. I just wanted to get everyones take on MSD ignition and whether it's worth the hassle to install it.

I bought the Digital 6 because it was such a steal, if I turn around and sell it for $250 I'd be well ahead of the game. Even at the time I bought it I wasn't sure I would even bother installing it. I'm sure most people know how that is...

Thanks for the help guys, I think I will sell it. This will give me some needed $$$ to play with.

I have a 7AL2 and Blaster coil.... Got the whole setup for 100 dollars so Couldnt say no.

Made 612 WHP on a bone stock Dizzy though... Put the MSD in it to be able to open the gap a little bit. Car made a tad more power and it cleaned up the idle a bit.
            750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
            realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

um supergenius what did you put the MSD into? hah and yeah i got MSD and i feel more power and takes 97 civics easily. haha

Comment

Get rid of it and make some money off of it.
                Throw it to somewhere more beneficial.
                www.PreludePower.com
                BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
                  I have a 7AL2 and Blaster coil.... Got the whole setup for 100 dollars so Couldnt say no.

Made 612 WHP on a bone stock Dizzy though... Put the MSD in it to be able to open the gap a little bit. Car made a tad more power and it cleaned up the idle a bit.
                  theres no way you did that on a cb7

Comment

^^ Yes he did, with an H22
                    Btw he can't reply anyway . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      ^^ Yes he did, with an H22
                      Btw he can't reply anyway . . .
                      oh an h22. yea that makes a bit more sense than a f22

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post

Comment

stock ignition is okay, id just watch out for the ignitor and coil issues. they dont like heat.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

A two month old dead thread revived...

All of my MSD stuff has been sold. Ignition is staying stock until it NEEDS upgraded, doubt I will ever get to that point though.

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                              How so? F22s can make just as much power...

Think (and learn) before you speak.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X