Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need to swap my Transmission!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to swap my Transmission!

Need Help Please
    my auto tranny is going bad in my 92 ex and i dont know how much a new one would cost....would it be possible to get one from a different model of the same year?
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

All F/H trans are interchangeable, with some manuals you need to change some mounts.
    wat?

Comment

perfect time for a 5 speed swap. just find a real cheap parts car and you'll have everything you need. just take your time and you'll be fine.

Comment

well here were i live they think it is very hard
        i have asked for mechinics but the only ones that know would charge me like 70 a hour imagine how much they will charge me in a day!!!!!!!
        i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

u can get a some cheap one here:

http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_pr...C_TRANSMISSION

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

thanx for all the tips and help you guys....but if i do buy a new transmission how long and how much do u think i would cost to get it swapped?
            STUFF FOR SALE!!!
            1992 Accord Lx.
            1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

it's pretty easy from what i heard..
              just drops down..and bolt the other one..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I dosen,t cost a wole lot to change it unless you have to buy extra parts like tourqe converter or sensors

Comment

well what if i want to keep my engine but by a used 5-speed transmission?
                  would i be able to swap my automatic for a manual?
                  if so what would i need to do to convert my engine.....would it be expensive?
                  STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                  1992 Accord Lx.
                  1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Its not that easy on hondas. You'll have to drop both control arms on both sides. Remove both axels. Drain, unbolt, and the list goes on.

Comment

oh realy....well i guess ill just stick with an auto for now...lol
                      STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                      1992 Accord Lx.
                      1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

im doing one hopefully this weekend but in alldata, they say labor is 5.2 hours to remove and replace a tranny, lol.

that gives me 2.5 hours to drop it. im going to see if i can use the lift at work but we have hella shit blocking it.
                        i got a new tranmission from engine world and transmissions and they delivered to my business. 429 bucks and a 6 month warranty.

charging the customer 300 bucks to do it and if it really is 5 hours...thats 300 bucks in my pocket. however, i also have to move ALL the vehicles in the way, open the shop up and then close the shop again and move all the shit back inside.

im just tired of working ont he ground especially since i hurt my shoulder. having the right tools spoil you very quick.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X