Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pt6 ecu application for manifold swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pt6 ecu application for manifold swap

Does anyone know the difference in the PT6-A51 VS the PT6-A52 vs pt6-a59 ECU's. I am geting ready to do the manifold swap on my F22A1 to the H23 manifold and the PT6 was recommended as the ecu. I just want to make sure I buy the proper ECU to make it run . It is an Automatic.

Also does anyone know if this ECU will work on a 92 prelude with a f22a1 engine and auto trans. It is currently equipped with an Pt12
    Range Racing #65

Does Anyone Have An Idea If The Pt12 Ecu Will Work With The F23 Minifold Swap. And Do I Need To Electronically Open The Runners?
    Range Racing #65

Comment

You can have them set to open with vacuum, but it's not ideal. The p12 will not open them. The PT6 is probably the best choice.

Comment

will a pt6 work in the 92 prelude with the f22a1?
        Range Racing #65

Comment

And does it really matter if vacuum opens them if we are usually wide open between 4000-6000
          Range Racing #65

Comment

I can't say for sure how well it'll work with vacuum. However, I would think it'd be fine at WOT.

As for the PT6, yes, it'll be fine. The ECUs are interchangeable, and will run any F22A motor. However, the PT6 has IAB control, and is optimized for the F22A6 parts. The A6 camshaft would be an upgrade there as well.

The ONLY difference between the Accord F22A1 and the Prelude F22A1 is the ECU.

Comment

just stick to p12 for f22a1 engines not wrong will happened to your car
              that is a good idea!!
              i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

Could also use an RPM window switch for the secondary runners and keep the p12 ECU you have.
                Or get the other A6 parts (cam and header) and go for the PT6.
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Thanks to everyone for ALL of their help. We are going to get the swap done right away.

This forum is awesome.
                  Range Racing #65

Comment

Working...
                  X