Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

retard timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retard timing

Ithink i accidently retarded my timing i was putting on my crank bolt and my timing belt went backwards so now when i start my car its at low idle like at 300 rpm but i never lossened the adjusting nut will it still retard my timing
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

You gotta explain your situation better. Timing belt went backwards? How did it go backwards?
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Iwas tighting the crank pulley bolt and the pulley went went backwards meaning my timing went backwards too but i never lossened the adjusting nut for the timing
      NEW CB

new

Comment

check it with a light

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

did it skip a tooth?

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i rotated back now it idles fine weird but if anything changes i'll let you guys know
            NEW CB

new

Comment

Still not explained very well, Do you mean the cam gear diddn't move and the crank pulley did?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

everything moved
                NEW CB

new

Comment

If everything moved, then the timing wouldn't have gone out - everything moves everytime you run the motor. It sound's more like you are referring to rotating the distributor?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                    everything moved
                    Take the belt off again and align all the marks per the service manual when the number 1 cylinder is at TDC. Sounds like your cam timming is off and besides your car running like crap, you run the risk of a piston hitting a valve.
                    Ignition timming, as adjusted at the distributor isn't the same thing as cam timming.

My swap thread
                    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

So you retarded your cam timing, or your ignition timing. Your descriptions aren't very clear, as said above.

If it's the cam timing, take everything apart, line up your marks where they should be, and put the belt back on. If it's the ignition, just get a timing light, and follow the instructions on the box.

Comment

if you just rotated the crank pully backwards (with the belt on) that should be fine, but if the crank by it self rotated, w/out the belt on, ohhhhhhhhhh shiet. get that checked out, i wouldnt know the first step.

Comment

yah.

Comment

Working...
                          X