Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo H22 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo H22 Accord

So after a month of debating and indecisiveness, I came to a conclusion on what I am going to do with my H22 CB7 that I have recently purchased. I was debating building and turboing an F22 then swapping it in, selling it and getting a nice VIP Project, trading the beauty in for a nice NA-T SC300 project, even selling it and getting a new SUV and just being a college kid for a few years and invest my money in beer and the dreaded years of tuition for law school ahead of me.

Pic of the car:
    H22 CB7

Well after dismissing these ludicrous ideas, I settled on one plan. Turbo H22 Accord. Enough said.

My goals for the project are to first and foremost, not go broke over it. Second, keep A/C and daily driveability. Third, create a sexy CB7 not just a quick junker that looks incomplete, this is going to be a complete CB7 of the Month worth H22-T Accord. The goals are simple and achievable with time and effort. Now this is going to take a few months for me to get my money right, but I will create a thread for my build later on, just wanted to clue everyone in that this CB7 will NOT end up in the hands of a 16 year old and in the bottom of a ditch as long as I am alive. So let's do this shall we?

A few questions:

Anyone know of any good shops around Atlanta for this work? The great ones I know a bunch of shops but does anyone know of the ones that could give me some great advice on the H22? Does anyone on here have an idea? Where can I get good cheap parts? Does anyone have some? Not as in cheap parts but a good deal on quality parts. God I can't wait for this guys!

[B]

new pics

Comment

you should first decide how much hp/whp you want.
      that will decide what you need to buy.
      higher than 250-300hp your gonna have to build the engine internals up.

good turbo h22 setups are not cheap at all. plus tunning isn't cheap either.

so i would set a goal first either money wise or power wise.
      gl
      FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
      My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Do you plan on doing a full build, or are you going to risk boosting the stock block? The H22 is tricky to boost without replacing the guts. If you're doing a full build, then your options are open! Just be sure to get a nicely sized turbo, and have everything tuned properly!

If you want to keep AC, you're going to have to drop some cash on a custom manifold. The inexpensive manifolds don't allow you to keep it.

Comment

I am thinking stock block on low boost for the first stages of the build. After I get bored with it I will rip it apart and up the boost! Every stage of my build will be tuned professionally, oh that is forsure! I will not have a blown motor my entire build! That is a goal!

I will have a custom manifold fabricated from Turbo Dave (I believe he works at Mainstream Performance). My wrenching will be done mostly by me and the crew at Vuongs Garage, ask me about them! Great bunch of guys! My tuning will likely be done at Batlground as Vuong himself has good history with them and he had a 400whp Turbo Teg tuned by them before as well as countless S2k's, RSX's, Si's, and what not, I'm sure there is an H22 in there too!

I was thinking about a G23 block for this build! Maybe running a JDM H22a head. Despite my H22a4 being rebuilt and a damn strong motor, its never as peppy as my H22a was, but then again, longer gear rations and a heavier chassis play into that! I honestly can't wait to get this build started! First step of the build will be suspension and brakes due to some problems with it already (needs a new bushing i believe).

Although, as I am typing this post, I received a call from a buyer on my car and I might sell it to him if he can give my full asking price. Lets hope he can't. LOL.

Comment

i love the look of ur car

Comment

Originally posted by irishsoxfan View Post
              i love the look of ur car

thanks man. yours seems clean, make a beauty outta it

Comment

ive always liked the cb7's with that spoiler you have. when i got my cb7 it had some big racing spoiler. Im prolly gonna get one like yours makes it look clean and not to ricey. nice ride. keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                X