Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sunroof glass replacement(searched)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroof glass replacement(searched)

Hi, im new to the forum and recently bought a 91 4 door EX for my 2nd car. only problem i have with it right now is the sunroof glass is borken, previous owner said a baseball hit it, so anyway i got it quoted at 250 to replace, everything works fine on it just the glass is broken. but searching i found something selling the glass for $60 and hour away from me. i searched on here how to remove the broken one and install the new one but all i found was people taking out the liners and all that, but mine works fine. so can i just chip all the shattered pieces out of this one from the outside or inside till its gone and just set the new one in with a bead of silicon or something?? any help would be appreciated... i wanna have an idea of what im getting into before i start it....

Thanks!

ive taken the entire sunroof out and it is jsut the electrical connection for the motor, the four drainback hoses and then like 10-12 ten mm bolts and the entire assembly comes off.

from there i didnt really know how to take the glass out because i was making a plexiglass substitute.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

so im guessing you did all that the long way from inside???

Comment

there is a way to do it without taking off the headliner....i think th epins that hold it down you put some type of spacer to push it up....then it pushes the glass upwards. i used to have the thing on here that you can look up the manual in the cars but not any more.

maybe someone still has the link.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          ive taken the entire sunroof out and it is jsut the electrical connection for the motor, the four drainback hoses and then like 10-12 ten mm bolts and the entire assembly comes off.

from there i didnt really know how to take the glass out because i was making a plexiglass substitute.
          i did this with mine, replaced the glass because the tint was bubbling. its complicated, but i just started disassembling stuff and it came out. lots of pieces though, dont lose them
          RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=sunroof
            later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

If all else fails just take the headliner out and take it all apart to replace the glass. My glass is broken but was repaired with a clear sealer before I bought my car

Save a Driver. Drive a Honda.

Comment

so i actually got the glass out and new in but upon putting it back together the passenger side sunroof slider broke, where the air deflector attaches via 1 10mm bolt to the slider, now i need a new one, can i replace the slider from outside the car, or so i have to pull the headliner and all that back out of the car

Comment

Working...
                X