Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Checking AC Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking AC Type

is there any way to check the type of ac running through the system because my ac isnt even cold anymore and i was going to recharge it but i heard if you mix the old refrigerant with the new R-134a or whatever its called it could be bad so im wondering how could i check if i have a old type of new type of refrigerant

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

Dont take my word for it, but chances are you have the older stuff. R-12 oe R-112...its got a 12 in it. Most older cars use that.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

R12 have threaded ports.

R134a have quick connect ports.
      wat?

Comment

12 has black caps, and 134 has red and blue

I'm pretty sure you have 12

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

just dump out all the old suff & put the new stuff in

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by DmcnKng90 View Post
            is there any way to check the type of ac running through the system because my ac isnt even cold anymore and i was going to recharge it but i heard if you mix the old refrigerant with the new R-134a or whatever its called it could be bad so im wondering how could i check if i have a old type of new type of refrigerant
            Take a pic of the A/C cap behind the radiator fan

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
              just dump out all the old suff & put the new stuff in
              thats what i did before i completely took mine out. But i believe any car 93 and older came with the r-12.

Comment

how do i flush the old refrigerant out?

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

Comment

im sure its the old stuff cuz you have to convert something to have the new stuff...
                  idk thats what honda said..
                  maybe they just tell you that cuz they want money
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride
                  Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                  Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

no im pretty sure all you have to do is get it retrofitted. im not sure which one is the high pressure and which one is the low pressure. get an adapter from r12 to r134. its at oriely's or autozone. like 6 dollars.

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

you have to drain the R12 out. I Mixed R12 + R134a on my 88 prelude and lets just say it was freezing cold for a day and now my compressor is f.d up. I'm trying to find out how much the machine to vaccum it out cost to rent/buy, but no one has it.............

but yea, dont mix, unless you want to have a compressor that no longer works
                      Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

well i wanna know how much is resonable to get charged before i get screwed by some shop since in only 17

91 DX F22A1 w/ CAI

Comment

Working...
                        X