Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension ?

I just swapd out my skunk 2 lowering springs for some drop zone coil overs i purchased, the car runs nice and smooth but jumps a little when there are bumps, like on a bridge. But then again its slamd rit now, and i have new KYB GR2 shocks, if I raise it a bit, would it minimize the jumping?

any suggestions anyone?

Comment

You replaced Skunk2 springs with Dropzone coilovers?

I know the Dropzones are adjustable... but honestly... that's like "upgrading" from a 2002 BMW to a 2007 Kia. Dropzone makes some of the most terrible garbage you could ever put on your car!

The spring rate of those coilovers is probably pretty high. Dropzone makes things cheap... their major concern, their ONLY concern, is a low price to move their products. They show little consideration for comfort, performance, or even safety (I broke a Dropzone camber kit in 2 months).

If you MUST have adjustable coilovers, drop the extra for some Skunk2 ones. The crappy ride you have now is probably the best you're going to get from those things.

Also, you do realize that every time you play with your height you're going to need to get realigned, right? That, or you're going to chew up tires (and with each tire costing as much as an alignment, it's not a wise thing to do!)

Comment

damn, now i dnt know what to do. Should i put back on my skunk 2 springs? If i do, would i still have to get it aligned again, it was already aligned with camber kit and everything with the skunk 2's on, so would i have to do it again if i go back?

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote;1506631]You replaced Skunk2 springs with Dropzone coilovers?

QUOTE]

Same thing I was thinking,..lol. was was your reason for switching to the coilovers in the first place. we learn new things everyday man, don't wory abou t it so much. I am pretty sure you will need an alignment after swithching suspension. I hear gound controls are really good coilover sleeves.

Comment

I would not recommend skunk2 coilovers honestly.. Very unhappy with my setup once I put it on.. KYB gr2 shocks wit skunk2 coilovers.. Too bouncy for me.. If I could do it all again I would of just bought omni's with the shock coilover combination.. Think its around $600

Comment

Originally posted by mySICKOcb7 View Post
              I just swapd out my skunk 2 lowering springs for some drop zone coil overs i purchased, the car runs nice and smooth but jumps a little when there are bumps, like on a bridge. But then again its slamd rit now, and i have new KYB GR2 shocks, if I raise it a bit, would it minimize the jumping?
              What will minimize the "jumping" would be a stiffer damper. On our cars for the most part, the spring is there to soften the compression of the suspension and the damper is to soften the expansion. When you have stiff springs and soft struts the spring will have a tendancy to overpower the strut and you get a bouncy car as a result. Thats why coilovers are typicaly paired with adjustable dampers...

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                What will minimize the "jumping" would be a stiffer damper. On our cars for the most part, the spring is there to soften the compression of the suspension and the damper is to soften the expansion. When you have stiff springs and soft struts the spring will have a tendancy to overpower the strut and you get a bouncy car as a result. Thats why coilovers are typicaly paired with adjustable dampers...
                i concur.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i heard about lowering springs that lower about 2.5 inches, they were something like sprint extreme, i think. Any thoughts about this? Or pics of them on a CB?

Comment

Working...
                  X