Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noob need help modifying for a circuit racing setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob need help modifying for a circuit racing setup

hi all i am new here and New To Honda's as well, this is my first post... think i am putting this in the right place.

i am wondering if anyone can help me.

i own a honda accord 97 V tec 4 door.
    and i am looking at a list of parts / mods. i dont think you guys deal with my car but im not sure what it comes under, so i can understand if you cant help me. if you cant would someone be able to point me in the right direction.

anyway. i have read most of the stickies posted, some where very helpful, but i still have a couple of questions for car modifying.

as i said in the title i want to set my ride up for circuit racing.
    i just dont know whats better the f22b1 that came stock, or swapping to a h22 -k24.

the current motor is stock except for the sports exhaust, and i have sleeved the cat converter. tuned and dynoed. currently im putting out 176 kW @ fw.

i dont know weather to continue with modifying the f22b1 or swap.

i have a list of parts below, that i would be buying to modify the motor, the list of parts are listed for the f22b1 only, but i would be doing the same mods for the h22 - k24 alike.

after looking at the list of parts what would give me more hp/ kW's
    i want to get as muh power out of the motor as humanly possible
    $ is not a problem

i am also stuck with cam shaft - oil pan - stocker kit - timing belt -
    Under drive pulley - brakes - and clutch.... these parts are listed in the parts list but i am need of some help

and if there is anything the i have over looked please suggest it as all the help i can get the better, as i can only go by what i have read and heard and my willing to learn more is high...
    thank you for any and all help

I STILL NEED THE CAR ROAD LEGAL as i will be using it for time to time

regards stix

and list of parts below:

Category: Part Number:

Air intake:
    AEM V2 cold air intake AEM-246008C

Blow off valve:
    Turbonetics Godzilla Bypass blow off valve TN-10765

Cam shaft:
    NOT SURE WHAT CAMS I CAN GET NOT SURE
    If you can find out for me that would be great thank you

Cam sprockets:
    Venom Fang Cam Gear set VNM-C21-127R

Cooling system:
    Fluidyne Direct fit Radiator FHP-1193ACC
    Fluidyne Fan X2 ?? but part num is MMFAN-10-1

Distributor kit:
    Crane Cams Fireball kit (it says it for EX,ED accord) CC-730-0694-01

Engine oil: what do you think would be better???
    ENEOS 0W-50W, 6 Quart Synthetic Oil ENEOS-API-SM-0w-50
    GReddy GR Synthetic Oil (3 different grades) GR-1,GR-2,GR-3. GREGR35w30

Fuel system:
    AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator AEM25304
    AEM high pro fuel filter ??????????????
    AEM high volume fuel filter AEM25200
    AEM high volume fuel rails AEM25106
    WALBRO 255 LPH high volume Pump WALGSS342-400-826

Ignition system:
    NOT SURE WHAT I NEED BUT LOOKED UP SOME BRANDS
    IF YOU CAN THINK OF OTHERS AND THE PARTS PLEASE ADD,
    Accel
    MSI

Oil catch tank:
    GReddy oil catcher kit (might not match car) GRE12054601
    GReddy universal oil catch tank GRY-13500515

Oil cooler:
    GReddy 10 row oil cooler GRY-12051510-1
    Golden Eagle V-Tec Conversion kit GVC100 ??

Oil pans:
    NOT SURE WITH PART PLEASE LOOK AT

Turbo kit:
    Drag Gen 4 turbo kit Honda accord DRAG-DT480AS2

Spark plugs: PLEASE LOOK AT OTHERS AS WELL
    Greddy ????????????
    Spoon Sports spark plugs Honda accord SPN-98079-16B-027

Stroker kit:
    NOT SURE WITH THIS PART

Timing belt:
    NOT SURE BUT THINKING ALONG THE LINES OF (brand only)
    Gates blue belt ????????????

Under drive pulley Notes: do I need to buy to non under drive as well as the under drive Crank note one is a tuner and the other ultra?
    AEM Tru-Power pulley system AEM237018
    Unorthodox tuner billet Crank non under drive UNX220610412
    Unorthodox ultra billet Power Steering UNX010640002
    Unorthodox ultra billet Alternator pulley UNX010630402
    Unorthodox ultra - S billet Crank under drive UNX020610402
    Unorthodox Racing ultra UN-0406004-01-R

I also found a Unorthodox ultra - SS billet pulley set. Polished - under drive includes Crank, Power Steering and Alternator pulley UNX040600402
    If I buy the set do I need to buy any other pulleys as well??

Cams: Please check that all cams fit the V-Tec
    AEM Tru-Time adjustable cam gear AEM23803

Wire set:
    NKG 7mm Spark Plug Set NGK-HE73

Ecu:
    AEM plug and play engine management system AEM-30-1010
    AEM plug and play programmable Ems with Uego AEM301060U

Boost:
    NOT SURE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN AFC and AVC
    A’PEX V-Tec AFC digital Controller ?????????
    A’PEX boost controller AVC-R Controller ?????????

Suspension notes: Im also after a top tie or top sway bar, I cant find one!
    TEIN pillow pall upper strut mounts front TEIPRH38-31S70
    TEIN pillow pall upper strut mounts rear TEIPRH39-31P90
    TEIN type CS coil over system TEIDSH38-R1SS3
    DC sports billet rear lower tie bar DSHTB3007

Brakes notes: NOT SURE what I can get, I want the front and rear to be the same, Type and brand for front and rear. The ones I have not sure if I can get them for both as I cant find that rear rotor same as the front! please check this as braking plays a big part. Thank you.
    I need racing pads and rotors for front and rear.

Brake PADS FRONT: Other bands listed below under part. Not sure if any brake items are for the accord V - Tec, there said they fit accord 97 model.
    EBC yellow stuff ultimate race pad EBDP4812/2R

Brake ROTORS FRONT:
    EBC slotted & drilled sport rotor kit EBCGD561

Brake PADS REAR:
    EBC yellow stuff ultimate race pad EBCDP41193R

Brake ROTORS REAR:
    CANT FIND REAR ROTOR SAME AS FRONT!!!
    Also other brands are: *needed for racing.
    BREMBO
    DBA 4000 SERIES
    EBC - will look at any other brands if you think they will hold the task!

1 Clutch Ceramic:
    Unorthodox ultra G sport pro UNX070630414

2 Clutch Feramic:
    Unorthodox ultra G race pro UNX070640414

3 Clutch Kevlar:
    Unorthodox ultra G street mod UNX070620410

Flywheel:
    Unorthodox ultra aluminum flywheel UNX06010200

Drive train notes:
    Trying to find a short shift kit… I know I may need a different gear box all together. I have no clue here though. If I need a new transmission box I want a 5 or 6 speed box, in a normal array not a straight line box.

Exhaust system notes:
    Not sure with pipe. I already have part of the exhaust system not sure what it is though as it came with the car when bought it. If you need to know what it is I can find out for you.
    DC sports ceramic race header 4-2-1 DCSAHR6516

and if there is anything the i have over looked please suggest it as all the help i can get the better, as i can only go by what i have read and heard and my willing to learn more is high...
    thank you for any and all help once again

regards stix

damn man... thats crazy... ummmm.... honestly if money is not an issue... Swap for the k24 and build that bro... I have a thread somewhere about swapping a K or H and alot of people threw their opinions about both motors... My problem is that money IS a factor lol... That looks like a nasty build you have planned but I really think you'd be happier with a built and boosted k24...

I know I would...

Kenny
    Allison Stokke... Google her... Yeah

92 Accord Ex Sedan - Parting Out

H22 GT4088 CRX build coming soon

Comment

If you're going turbo, the F22B1 is ok. Otherwise, it's a crap motor.

Why do you want the front and rear brakes to be the same? That will thoroughly mess up your balance and control. If your rear brakes as well as your front, it'll be like yanking the e-brake on a normal turn. It'll send you into a spin. There's a reason why rear brakes are always smaller and weaker.

Your transmission is cable-shifted, so for a "short shift kit", you can just relocate the cable mounting points. Search the DIY section on this site for a homemade adapter that will cost you $3 at Home Depot. There are two ways documentes, both work.

The Tein pillow ball mounts offer no adjustability for us. We can not alter our suspension geometry by changing the strut angle. You'll want an adjustable ball joint, or better, the fully adjustable upper control arms (for the front) like they have at www.TASauto.com

The Apexi VAFC will NOT work with the F22B1. It says so right there on their site. If you have a programmable ECU, this part is unnecessary anyway.

Adjustable cam gears are not an integral part. You don't really need to get one. Most people prefer not.

Stroker kit... There are no "kits". You'd need to make your own. It sounds to me that you're not up to that task yet. Either pay someone, or just don't bother.

Golden Eagle V-Tec Conversion kit GVC100 is for adding a VTEC head to a non-vtec block. You already have a VTEC motor in your car. You don't need this.

If you're going turbo, you can't use the AEM V2 intake.

It REALLY sounds like you just ran around listing all the performance parts you could find. An impressive bit of legwork, but it seems to me that you have a very limited understanding of what those parts do.

You have not included anything regarding headwork, valvetrain, internals, tuning, axles (if you plan on making a large amount of power), LSD, and safety. For safety alone, you're going to need a full roll cage, tow hook, battery box...

Read the regulations of the class you intend to enter. They are VERY strict, and 90% of your intended modifications wouldn't be allowed. At the very least, they'd stick you in the unlimited class with NSXs, Supras, and Z cars that will eat you alive. I suggest checking out the NASA Honda Challenge series.

Slapping parts on your car means nothing if you don't understand what you're doing. Pick a direction, learn everything you can about it, and follow through. Start with suspension and tires. Decide which engine you'll go with, and work from there.

Also, your car is a 5th generation. The CD chassis. Similar, but not the same to the CB chassis (4th generation) that this site is dedicated to. You'll probably get more help at www.CD5tuner.com

Comment

Working...
      X