Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

215/40/17 On a 17x7 Rim With 2inch drop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

215/40/17 On a 17x7 Rim With 2inch drop.

Hey guys...

First off i wanna say.. i did search.. just that since the new update to the forum skin/layout.. for sum reason my search nvr displays more than 10 results... whereas i old times it would show heaps!!!

So please dont flame if this question been asked before..

Soo basically what my title says... Im goner get my car lowered soon should be 2inch when it settles i beleive (koni yellow+neuspeed sports)...and im looking to get new rims (since i only have stock 15"s) just wondering.. if i chose 215/40 tyres on a 17x7 rim will it rub the control arms or anything else??

Reason i ask is, currently im running 205 on my stock 15, and the gap between the sidewall and control arm is about 1 finger gap for some reason.. soo im guessing if i went 215/40/17 it might or might not rub??

Offset on the rims will be approx 42/43

Thanks in advance, if anyone with experience can share info

I also know 205/45/17 is a very ideal size. .but in Australia, that tyre size is ULTRA rare...whereas 215/40 is very common

ive got 215/45/17 and nothing rubs for me

Comment

With that offset, you are fine. I'm running an offset of +40 and I'm don't rub with 215/40. I rub with 215/45 though. I'm on Koni yellow (on lowest perch) and Eibach sportlines.

Comment

215/45-17 is your best choice.
        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

im on 215/30/r18s!!! and 2 inch drop and nothing rubs...so don't worry about your 17's

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

How about when you guys do some "spirited" driving??? under hard corning does it rub??

Comment

You could get wheel spacers. Then it would surely not rub, and it would add an aggressive look to your car.
              91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
              bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Comment

Oor i could opt for a rim with a lower offest say lyk 35-40 yeah?

Comment

Working...
                X