Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What kind of oil and how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of oil and how much?

Ok, so tomorrov i will start up my swapped h22a accord, but i need to add some oil first:P Could be an idea.

How much oil does this JDM engine need? And what kind? 5-40 ?
    Accord M0DiFi3D From Norway

Visit Website: http://www.garaget.org/?car=63883

4.5 quarts of conventional....

Comment

5W-30, OIL is oil in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
        5W-30, OIL is oil in most cases.
        lol i forgot the most important part 5-30

Comment

Well for my H22, I tried running 10w30 Mobil 1 Synthetic on my first oil change, but it all burnt out within a couple of months. Now I'm running 10w40 on Castrol GTX High Mileage for at least a month now, and my oil is still full, I've also heard good things about Lucas Oil Stabilizer in helping to stop the oil from burning.
          I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

i don't think any oil additives should be used in any engine. should just find an oil that works well for you. the only oil i'll use in any of my vehicles is quaker state (and i know that alot of you will disagree but thats what i like).

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7
              Well for my H22, I tried running 10w30 Mobil 1 Synthetic on my first oil change, but it all burnt out within a couple of months. Now I'm running 10w40 on Castrol GTX High Mileage for at least a month now, and my oil is still full, I've also heard good things about Lucas Oil Stabilizer in helping to stop the oil from burning.

i had the same problem, but i think a good portion of the oil stays in the engine in the vtec mechanism and passages. i remember i fill my engine with 10w-30 mobil1 full syn, and about a week later my dipstick was dry. i checked for leaks and there were none, and refilled to the correct level. and i have never had a problem again. just my 2 cents. then again, my engine was sitting for about a year before it went in.. IDK

My Ride

Comment

5w-30, 4.5qt, synthetic.
                Raceline USA

Comment

I use Mobil 1 fully synthetic 10w30
                  VIP Status.

Comment

I use Motul 100% Synthetic.
                    Raceline USA

Comment

i heard royal purple is good. i'm about to go buy some now

Not So Slow Fow Dow

Comment

5w-30 4.5qt full synt
                        MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                          4.5 quarts of conventional....
                          yes it take 4.5 quarts use conventional oil for 3000 mils to clean the engine and the next oil change go with mobil 1 5.20 or 5.30 goodluck

Comment

Working...
                          X