Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

kyb gr2 vs tokico blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kyb gr2 vs tokico blues

which one of these would be good for daily driving on ractive coilovers??

If you plan on lowering the car more than 2 inches get Koni Yellows. They are the best for a really low accord. At least on the front.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

i have the gr-2's they are decent, didnt last very long on my drop. but its a comfy ride.

My Ride

Comment

Both are stock replacement. There's not much performance to be had, but they should last. I've seen both hold up with a drop for a long time.

As for the Ractive coilovers... that's another story.

Comment

im runnin tokico blues on front and rear with sprint springs and its a decent ride. I say decent because its not the best ride but im in a wagon so it could be completely different feel in a coupe/sedan.

Comment

i had tokico blue with tein s lowering springs on my 90sedan, i personally didnt like them because the shocks felt wobbly, so last week i upgraded to tokico illumina 5 and skunk2 coilovers and i rides much better and handles the bumps better too, mostly because the shocks are adjustable, if you can go the extra mile do it and you wont regret it

Comment

I know they're both OEM replacement, but I have heard better things about Tokico blues than th GR2s in terms of life span on a drop.
              I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by EXR_6
                which one of these would be good for daily driving on ractive coilovers??
                Coilover sleeves are not the way to go on lowering your car. They also put a lot of stress on the shocks and neither one you are considering will handle them for long, so in the end you will waste money on shocks. Seriously.

I suggest selling your Ractive coilover sleeves and getting a good lowering spring & shock combo. If you want the "coilover sleeve" adjustment, get a real coilover system, but I feel that's a waste since you will not use it for what it is for...racing, balance, full adjustment.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7
                  I know they're both OEM replacement, but I have heard better things about Tokico blues than th GR2s in terms of life span on a drop.
                  my gr-2's lasted about 2 years.. on a 2" drop.. and DD. i dont think that's very long. my odometer doesnt work so i cant tell ho many miles i put on them, but i guestimate 25-30K.. i hope the new suspension set up lasts a little longer than that!

My Ride

Comment

Tokico Blue HP > KYB GR-2
                    Raceline USA

Comment

I actually did like my blues with my eibach sportlines. No bounce and yet still stiff. I though they were good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
                        I actually did like my blues with my eibach sportlines. No bounce and yet still stiff. I though they were good.
                        Same here. Except I had Ground-Control coilover sleeves. I like my TEIN Flex Damper way better though.
                        Raceline USA

Comment

KYB don't know 1st hand but i got the tokico blue with e-bay coilover, At 1st it was good but now I hate it... I'm going to replace the coilover to see if it gets better
                          Accord Of The Month January 09
                          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by '90 H22 CB7
                            True, I'm just going through this as well. I bought Blues with my Megan Racing springs eight months ago, and the blues are dead already. I would highly recommend a performance strut. Illuminas, Koni, AGX's

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                            X