Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

air/fuel ratio guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rexload View Post
    How about JAW wideband, anybody using one?

They are cheap
    where do you get the JAW ones from? is it the whole kit or just the sensor?
    Hold On Not Done Accelerating
    Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34 View Post
      where do you get the JAW ones from? is it the whole kit or just the sensor?
      Here it is, I may be using it in the future
      http://www.14point7.com/JAW/JAW.htm

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
        How about JAW wideband, anybody using one?

They are cheap
        Piece of crap compared to an Innovate LC-1 or LM-1

How would you like your cheap-ass JAW wideband to tell you that you're running a safe 13:1 afr under load when your sensor is a year old and should really be telling you to replace the sensor? Your AFR is actually up in the 14:1 range and as a result you have inadequate 'extra' fuel to cool the combustion process, you melt a piston, and spend $2000 building a new engine because you were too cheap to buy a quality wideband . Or your fuel pump begins to fail, you hit an onramp, you go lean, and your cheap ass JAW doesnt understand that the nernst cell measure is off and instead of throwing an error code just tells you that your running well rich into the 11:1range.... new motor time.

if you want to be That guy, buy a JAW. If you want to buy a gauge that will actually help promote engine longevity, buy an Innovate.
        1994 Geo Metro

Comment

Originally posted by 93smokingaccord View Post
          mine moves up and down and it goes to rich wen i gas it. holla
          You could have saved yourself some time and just wired your narrow band AFR gauge to your gas peddle or TPS. It would probably be more accurate doing it that way. Specially if your satisfied when all it does is change colours when you gas it.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-12-2008, 08:17 AM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiSam View Post

How would you like your cheap-ass JAW wideband to tell you that you're running a safe 13:1 afr under load when your sensor is a year old and should really be telling you to replace the sensor? Your AFR is actually up in the 14:1 range and as a result you have inadequate 'extra' fuel to cool the combustion process, you melt a piston, and spend $2000 building a new engine because you were too cheap to buy a quality wideband . Or your fuel pump begins to fail, you hit an onramp, you go lean, and your cheap ass JAW doesnt understand that the nernst cell measure is off and instead of throwing an error code just tells you that your running well rich into the 11:1range.... new motor time.

if you want to be That guy, buy a JAW. If you want to buy a gauge that will actually help promote engine longevity, buy an Innovate.
            The JAW is the thing to get if you're broke, new to tuning, and need something to learn on. Of course, the risk is there regardless. Still, I agree... When you're dealing with stuff that can blow up your motor, spend the money for quality components. I have an LM-1 myself.

Comment

hmm I think I need to do more research on JAW. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

Originally posted by 93smokingaccord View Post
                they loooks kool at night and the bitches like it lol
                Yea, and kids can't see what gauges you got from their car. Except the time I went to race an old Voyager Van, and the gauge in the gauge pod on the window panel...yea, it was a boost gauge. Van...Turbo, who'duh thunk!
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

rexload, it's not so much that you really need to read a lot about the JAW, but rather the limitations of traditional analog based wideband controllers compared to Innovate's control methodology. I can't edit the post to get the links for a copy-paste, so you'll have to click this link: http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showth...84#post1511384 and check out those posts to read about how widebands work in general and how Innovate controls a bosch LSU4.2 compared to aem/plx/zeitronix/jaw ETC.
                  1994 Geo Metro

Comment

rexload, it's not so much that you really need to read a lot about the JAW, but rather the limitations of traditional analog based wideband controllers compared to Innovate's control methodology. I can't edit the post to get the links for a copy-paste, so you'll have to click this link: http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showth...84#post1511384 and check out those posts to read about how widebands work in general and how Innovate controls a bosch LSU4.2 compared to aem/plx/zeitronix/jaw ETC.
                    Lot's of great info. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X