Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Music vs. Fuel Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDMxDB8
    I'd be more concerned about the added weight from the subwoofers.

we've been over this one in the thread... as far as this topic is concerned. weight=bad. but the volume rate at which you play those subs has a direct influence on gas mileage.

Originally posted by 71_307
    I cant really help but would love to know how you can get 800km out of a tank??

thats like 37mpg thats civic territory..

and someone else saying 41mpg thats like 900km.

not doubting anyone but you guys sure your doing your math right.

how can you guys pull that kind of mileage..
    i reset the trip meter everytime i fill up, this time it was 57 litres for 810kms. figured that out to 33 mpg.

granted, i am rolling on 205/55s, so that would spin the meter a bit faster. normal driving gets me about 600kms a tank. thats with new plugs, fuel filter, recent valve job, tires at 32, recent oil change, and checks on everything else.

on a side note, i installed a vacuum gauge (not to pretend i have a turbo or anything) which is really handy for gauging load on the engine while cruising. idle is around 20-22 in-hg, and i try to cruise at 13-15. WOT is 0. cruise going up normal hills is around 5.

so if i really pay attention, i can stretch those miles
    RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut
      we've been over this one in the thread... as far as this topic is concerned. weight=bad. but the volume rate at which you play those subs has a direct influence on gas mileage.

i reset the trip meter everytime i fill up, this time it was 57 litres for 810kms. figured that out to 33 mpg.
      granted, i am rolling on 205/55s, so that would spin the meter a bit faster. normal driving gets me about 600kms a tank. thats with new plugs, fuel filter, recent valve job, tires at 32, recent oil change, and checks on everything else.

on a side note, i installed a vacuum gauge (not to pretend i have a turbo or anything) which is really handy for gauging load on the engine while cruising. idle is around 20-22 in-hg, and i try to cruise at 13-15. WOT is 0. cruise going up normal hills is around 5.

so if i really pay attention, i can stretch those miles
      that makes more sence.. ok I'm running the same as you then.

Comment

sorry again... Ive just been trying to squeez the most out of my accord for mileage and have been testing different speeds for mileage..

have you found any difference driving 100kmh or 120kmh ( highway cruisin that is) ?

Comment

Originally posted by 71_307
          sorry again... Ive just been trying to squeez the most out of my accord for mileage and have been testing different speeds for mileage..

have you found any difference driving 100kmh or 120kmh ( highway cruisin that is) ?

definitely... keep that cruise down to 100km/h and it makes a noticeable difference (if you have the patience). I read somewhere (probably in someones thread here) that the cb7 is most fuel efficient at 45 mph... or 72-3 kph. not sure how accurate that is. thats too slow. i set it at 100, and i know thats a little less because of my smaller tires/honda speedo. so 95 is what i am actually traveling at. cops leave you alone at that speed too.

on the highway, i aim for 120. its not bad either. i cant do 100 on the highway. 120 is hard enough
          RIP

Comment

my last car was a 87 caravan i had done up. i blew 4 alt in 3 weeks.
            nothing like have tunes blasted and the seeing smoke from under the hood. just to pop it open and see alt parts all over lol

Comment

Capacitors at Best Buy. <3
              98' Mustang 3V Swap
              11' VW CC R36

Comment

definitely... keep that cruise down to 100km/h and it makes a noticeable difference (if you have the patience). I read somewhere (probably in someones thread here) that the cb7 is most fuel efficient at 45 mph... or 72-3 kph. not sure how accurate that is. thats too slow. i set it at 100, and i know thats a little less because of my smaller tires/honda speedo. so 95 is what i am actually traveling at. cops leave you alone at that speed too.

on the highway, i aim for 120. its not bad either. i cant do 100 on the highway. 120 is hard enough
                LOL, i dont have the patience for that, i usually try to aim for 100 mph

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                  LOL, i dont have the patience for that, i usually try to aim for 100 mph
                  lol... i hope you keep an eye out for the OPP... they're all over that shit.
                  RIP

Comment

I toasted my old alternator just as i got the car, it wouldnt charge right. It would overcharge, then undercharge, then boom, it went one day... thank god its the day i got my spare rebuilt.
                    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

You cant do 120 on a highway? Dude, thats not canadian like. Usually we just pass eachother up here lol.
                      Ive hit a steady 145 no problems, no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                        You cant do 120 on a highway? Dude, thats not canadian like. Usually we just pass eachother up here lol.
                        Ive hit a steady 145 no problems, no issues.
                        i used to hit the cruise at 130, and still do actually. but if im trying to save fuel i aim for 120. i know, its not a big difference, but gas is ridiculous.
                        RIP

Comment

i used to hit the cruise at 130, and still do actually. but if im trying to save fuel i aim for 120. i know, its not a big difference, but gas is ridiculous.
                          That it is... 1,32.9 here.

Comment

Working...
                          X