Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo!!!!!

Whats going on everyone in the cb7 world just wanted to give a update in my car well i have a 91 se converted over to auto to manual with a h22a and now it is time to upgrade i just got most of my stuff in like my turbo and downpipe and intercooler just waiting on my headgaskett and ecu pics will be coming soon.........

What turbo and manifold are you using?
    Originally posted by foamypirate
    It's not the look. It's the fucking ear drum destroying, bees in a can, bolts in a tumbler, weed eater from hell sound.

Comment

I am using a XS manifold and a t3/t4 turbo.....

Comment

best of luck to you with that XS.....and is that a name brand turbo or is it a china built turbo cuz if thats the case too..........well good luck with your turbo and ill pray for your h22 lol.

Comment

don't forget to get a really good tune b4 running it. what psi are you planning on running?

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

If it's real XS, they're quality stuff.

If you're boosting the stock H22, be VERY careful to tune it properly. Don't try to run it on a basemap, or even risk a street tune... take it to a dyno. PLEASE tell me you're planning on tuning, right?

The fact that you have "headgasket" in your list of mods leads me to believe that you're going to run a thicker head gasket to lower compression. That won't do much for you... You still have to be very careful, and tune as if you're handling dynamite.

Comment

what's going on everyone on the cb7 world I have a inlinepro headgasket with apr headstudes with skunk 2 fully built head with s100 p28 ecu going to be running about 8 to 12 psi daily

Comment

for the love of god.. please be sure to purchase an oil restrictor valve.. or make one yourself to restrict the oil flow to that turbo.. xs/godspeed/ssauto turbos are ok but they dont like hondas high oil pressure.. so put an oil restrictor and back it down to almost half way shut.. to drop the psi by half.. from 80 or so psi at wot to about 40psi.. or go by the visual smoke method.. when it starts smoking.. back it down till u find it to stop..

secondly.. if ur already pulling the head off.. why not buy urself some off the shelf mahle pistons and drop them in with a lower compression of say 9:1??? just food for thought..

and as mike said.. treat ur h22a like its bound to blowup.. the second u relax and lay back is the second it will.. so baby steps..

i have to disagree with mike on something thou.. IMO street tunes are the best for real world driveability a dyno tune will only give him full throttle correction.. but what about those half throttle bursts of vtec/boost.. that wont/wouldnt have been taken into correction because a dyno is only meant for a 2000-2500rpm W0T pull to redline.. nothing else..

bottom line.. TUNE IT!!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                  for the love of god.. please be sure to purchase an oil restrictor valve.. or make one yourself to restrict the oil flow to that turbo.. xs/godspeed/ssauto turbos are ok but they dont like hondas high oil pressure.. so put an oil restrictor and back it down to almost half way shut.. to drop the psi by half.. from 80 or so psi at wot to about 40psi.. or go by the visual smoke method.. when it starts smoking.. back it down till u find it to stop..

secondly.. if ur already pulling the head off.. why not buy urself some off the shelf mahle pistons and drop them in with a lower compression of say 9:1??? just food for thought..

and as mike said.. treat ur h22a like its bound to blowup.. the second u relax and lay back is the second it will.. so baby steps..

i have to disagree with mike on something thou.. IMO street tunes are the best for real world driveability a dyno tune will only give him full throttle correction.. but what about those half throttle bursts of vtec/boost.. that wont/wouldnt have been taken into correction because a dyno is only meant for a 2000-2500rpm W0T pull to redline.. nothing else..

bottom line.. TUNE IT!!
                  he is right. these turbos don't like high oil pressure. i had to help this guy put a "chinese" turbo on his 99 civic. you have to see how small the oil line to the turbo is. wow
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

like i said.. there not bad by all means... that whole self destructive compressor crap.. was back then.. there making them pretty decent now.. the only draw back is the seals they use cant and will not take high oil pressure.. and this goes with any turbo.. garrett.. IHI.. Turbonetics...Precision.. ive experienced it with them all.. weither they do it over a few years.. or a few weeks.. or a day.. it depends on the brand and useage of the turbo.. but they all do it.. imports and their damn high oil pressure.. haha..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I mainly say that a dyno tune is necessary because people will treat a basemap as a "street tune". Kinda like when I say "don't boost a stock H22, it'll blow up". Not true, but in the hands of your average idiot, it's likely!

Also, WOT is where a turbo motor will most likely blow up. You're not going to blow it in the parking lot at Sonic. You're going to blow it racing that Mustang GT on the Highway. Tune it on the street, and you might not have all the lean spots ironed out for when you're racing. Of course, that depends on who tunes it, and how they do it. MRX did a good job of tuning mine, though I ripped around at WOT a lot more than I'd like!

Comment

alright.. have it ur way then lets do this...

dummy proof definitions:

basemap: a program which will enable you to drive your car from point a to point b to get such things done as welded downpipe.. intercooler piping.. misc modifications and lastly to the tuner/dyno/street etc

street tune: a session usually ranging from 2-4hrs depending on vehicle where a tuner adjusts fuel and ignition maps for a correct airfuel mix and proper combustion to create that awesome power/push back feeling (if boosted).. if not then a screaming vtack..

dyno tune: a session were your car is placed on a dyno pack/mustang dyno/dyno jet or variant and simulated load from rollers/wheel locks or variant and tuned under full throttle throughout rpm range to correct fuel and ignition maps.. for once again that awesome power or push back feeling..

and to respond to ur message mike

explain how the lean spots wouldnt be looked over..

if A. street tune pushes the car through various enviroments such as (and im sure anotine did this to you..)

-variant rpm wot pulls (2000-3000-4000-5000)
                        -partial throttle pulls (2000-3000-4000-5000)
                        -decel (downshifting)
                        -driveabilitiy (cruise)
                        -idle (i think him and i are as anal about the idle unlike anyone ive met)

in comparison to

2500rpm stomp to redline which will only read/adjust boost columns in that linear order..

so say caflib over here does dynotune it.. and decides he just wants to make his bov go off but not fully romp the throttle due to gas prices.. will his tune compensate for say 6psi at 5k half throttle were as under W0T he would see 6psi at 3.5k.. see where im going..?? the values arnt touched because technically by 5k he should be at full boost say 10psi reaching vtec.. so the tuner never adjusted that 5psi column (depends on the tuner of course.. MRX shush..)

im done blabbing..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                        X