Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OBD-2 to OBD-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD-2 to OBD-1

Ok guys well the swap is almost about to happen. Around 3 or 4 weeks away. What i need to know is the OBD-1 Distributer, Injectors and ECU the only things i need to convert to OBD-1? I have a obd-1 manual P28 ecu, but i heard that it can be bridged/converted or somethin to be an auto. Is this true? And cause i'll be runnin my auto with it temporarily, should i use the cb7 or prelude tcu?

You'll need the ECU to be custom tuned to run the car. If you know someone that can tune it, chances are they can make it auto as well. Most people don't turn a manual ECU into an auto one, but I'm sure it's not difficult. I'm running an auto P28 in my manual car right now. If you aren't having it properly tuned, then just run the Prelude ECU and TCU. The Accord TCU will give you the Accord shift points, which will be WAY too early for you to take advantage of your new engine!

You'll also want to get a conversion harness for the OBD2-OBD1 conversion.
    Here's one: http://www.boomslang.us/obd2to1.htm
    There are others to be found if you look for them.

Comment

also you can just get the H23 dizzy or a pre-96 H22 dizzy.

& you should use the TCU that that tranny takes.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Actually, he should use the TCU for the engine. If he runs an F22 tranny, it'll take a while to get to the H22's powerband, but at least it'll stay in it. If he uses the F22 TCU because he's using the F22 tranny, it'll shift where the F22 would shift... baaaaaaaaaaVTEEEE-SHIFT! No.

Comment

Yeah i'll definately get it custom tuned since the guy doing the install custom tunes drag cars. And thats some funny shit about the shift out of vtec deever.LOL!

Comment

Ay one more thing with the tcu, do i have to get a type s one or the h22 one? Is there a difference in the shift points?

Comment

The Type S probably has a higher powerband, since it revs higher... but it won't matter that much. The Type S electronic parts are probably going to be a pain in the butt, being newer stuff. I'd use an OBD1 H22 TCU.

Comment

i am using a rywire conversion harness in my 97 civic and they are great so i would suggest them and they happen to be only 70 shipd Where are you located my friend does tuning and chipping and if your close he will tune the car and chip your ecu for auto
                visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

He's very very far away.

Comment

Yeah like deever said. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X