Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stripped FITV Screw...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stripped FITV Screw...

So, yeah...

I went out to see about my fitv. Cleaning, tightening--whatever. Well, i get the front-most screw off, no problem. I move to the back one and it wouldnt budge, so i put a little force on it, and low and behold, my screwdriver just stripped the inside of the head.

I tried flatheads and all sorts of different driver-type heads and nothing i had could do the trick.

I thought maybe if i got one screw off, i could just lift or slide the little lid, but i couldnt get it to budge either.

Any help or recommendation would be GREATLY appreciated. TIA.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Anybody?

I wanna say ive seen or heard how to remove screws in this case, but im drawing a blank...

I tried ratchets and pliers, but nothing worked. Might dig out some channel-locks and see if they can get anything done.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Same thing happened to me..

one came out, other did not and stripped it.

Take out the one that comes out.

Get a flat head screw driver, put it near the hole of the first screw(the one that came out) and lightly tap it at an angle with a hammer to "slide" the fitv cover over to the side.

Then when you are done, tap the cover back into place with the hammer and put the screw back in.

Works every time, just whack it good and the lid will slide even with the stripped screw in place just be forceful.
      90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
      DIY ram intake
      0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
      stock alt rewound to 120amps
      optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
      fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
      2004 Jeep Liberty v6
      2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Get some vice grips and go to town. After you remove it, replace it with a 8MM metric thread screw, so you can use a socket to take it off next time around, thats what i did.
        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Yeah, vice grips. I dunno why i said channel-locks.

Looks like im gonna be picking up an 8mm screw soon..

Thanks.

Comment

No problem. Make sure you get the right thread size.
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

vise-grips work exelent for this, but somtimes there isnt enuf 'meat' to grab, so what ive done in those cases is take a dremel, orsimular cutoff wheel and cut a slot for a regular screw driver.
              you'll love my nuts!

Comment

Is it irony that i just made a how-to thread on using a dremel??

Ill try some vice grips. If that dont work, i may have to go knocking on some doors, lol.

Comment

I got mine off old plenum with needle nose vice-grips.

I got one better for you...Last week i broke the head off the FITV bolt on my h23 plenum.... I have no idea how to fix that. My car never stops reving up and down. It sucks...

Comment

Damn.

Im glad mine aint that bad.

Comment

vice-grips!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

this may not work for the broken bolt, but thought i'd share regardless.

Either 1: get an engraving tool or a punch and put a dimple in the center, then drill it out, tap it out with a left hand (?) tap, then use that screw to back out the shaft of the other one..

Or... get a blacktrax IM! lol

Comment

Ill just go with the replacement screw.

Comment

usually i spray the screw with some cleaner....

need a new throttle body? let me know, still got mine great condition.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Nah, i got it with a pair of vice grips. Im gonna hit up home depot or lowes tomorrow after work.

Comment

Working...
                              X